University Assessment Committee
The University Assessment Committee provides faculty guidance and oversight in developing and implementing the University assessment plan, analyzing and interpreting assessment results, developing appropriate reports and disseminating assessment results to the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, the University Senate and the UND community.
Assessment Committee Reviews
Each year the University Assessment Committee reviews one-third of the Academic and Co-Curricular/Support (academic and student support services) programs' assessment Reports.
Programs in the following academic units will be reviewed during the 2021-2022 academic year:
- College of Education & Human Development
- College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines
- School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- School of Graduate Studies
The following support units will be reviewed during the 2021-2022 academic year:
- Disability Services for Students
- McNair Program (TRIO)
- Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities
- UND Writing Center
Assessment Review Rubrics
The following rubrics have been developed by the University Assessment Committee to aid departments/programs in completing their annual assessment requirements.
Each academic program and non-academic department’s assessment reports and findings are reviewed by the University Assessment Committee every 3 years. Two individuals from the committee review the reports individually, then the committee co-chairs reconcile the reviews prior to releasing back to the department. A rubric is used to evaluate the department assessment reports and findings. For more information about the University Assessment Committee’s process, see the UAC website.
Follow these steps to view the feedback provided by the University Assessment Committee:
- Sign into Taskstream.
- On the Home Page, navigate to the academic program/department name. Click on Annual Assessment Reporting.
- Click on “Submission & Read Reviews” (upper right)
Scroll down to the most recent Assessment Cycle, and click on “Score/Results Report”
There will be a Results Report for the Assessment Report section and the Assessment Findings Section.
This can be exported to PDF or printed (options found in upper right corner)
2021 - 2022 Assessment Committee Members
- Aerospace - Soizik Laguette*
- Engineering - Frank Bowman
- Arts & Sciences - Sherrie Fleshman
- Medicine & Health Sciences - Sarah Sletten
- Business & Public Administration- Steven Light
- Education & Human Development - Donna Pearson
- Nursing - Amber Johnson*
- Law - Brad Myers
- Essential Studies - Karyn Plumm
- Graduate School - Laura Look
- VPAA - Tim Burrows, Karina Knutson & Amanda Moske
- VPSA - Alex Pokornowski
* Denotes committee co-chairs