University Assessment Committee
The University Assessment Committee provides guidance and oversight in developing and implementing the University Assessment Plan, analyzing and interpreting assessment results, developing appropriate reports and disseminating assessment results to the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, the University Senate and the UND community.
Assessment Committee Reviews and Timeline
Each academic and co-curricular/non-instructional programs' assessment reports are reviewed every 5-7 years by the University Assessment Committee.
- Academic Programs: The review schedule for academic programs aligns with the university's Academic Program Review schedule.
- Co-Curricular Programs: Review timeline for co-curricular/non-instructional programs
Assessment Review Rubrics
The following rubrics have been developed by the University Assessment Committee to aid departments/programs in completing their annual assessment requirements.
Assessment Report Review Process
Each academic program and non-academic department’s assessment plan and report/findings are reviewed by the University Assessment Committee. Two individuals from the committee review the reports individually, then the committee co-chairs reconcile the reviews prior to releasing back to the department. The above rubrics are used to evaluate the department assessment plan, report and findings.
- A composite score of 1.5 or better is the desired score and means that a program is doing well with room for minor improvements.
- An overall score of 1 means that a program is meeting their assessment needs, but has room for considerable improvement.
- A score of less than 1 means that a program is not conducting acceptable assessment and is in need of a revised plan.
Follow these steps to view the feedback provided by the University Assessment Committee:
- Sign into Taskstream.
- On the Home Page, navigate to the academic program/department name. Click on Annual Assessment Reporting.
- Click on “Submission & Read Reviews” (upper right)
Scroll down to the most recent Assessment Cycle, and click on “Score/Results Report”
There will be a Results Report for the Assessment Report section and the Assessment Findings Section.
This can be exported to PDF or printed (options found in upper right corner)
2022 - 2023 University Assessment Committee Members
- JDOSAS - Soizik Laguette*
- CEM - Frank Bowman
- A&S - Sherrie Fleshman
- SMHS - TBD
- NCoBPA - Steven Light
- EHD - Donna Pearson
- CNPD - Shanna Urban
- LAW - TBD
- Essential Studies - Karyn Plumm
- School of Graduate Studies - Joseph Miller
- VPSA - Alex Pokornowski
- VPAA - Tim Burrows, Karina Knutson & Amanda Moske
* Denotes committee co-chairs