Any product or merchandise that include a University trademark (e.g., pens, T-shirts, baseball caps, etc.):
- Must be produced by an approved licensed vendor.
- Require the use of a Registered Trademark® or ™ logo.
- Design and use must be approved by the UND Licensing Office.
- Must follow UND Procurement & Payment Services policy on items over $10,000.
- Reproduction of University trademarks incurs 10% royalties; this royalty extends to internal and commercial use.
In addition to the University's trademarked logos (UND flame logo, Fighting Hawks logo, University Seal), the following are all trademarks of the University:
- North Dakota™
- University of North Dakota®
- Fighting Hawks™
- UND Hawkey™
- Fighting Hawkey™
University of North Dakota partners with Learfield Licensing Partners to manage the University's standard license. To become a licensed vendor, vendors may contact Learfield Licensing Partners.
Dacotah Legacy Collection License
University of North Dakota partners with Learfield Licensing Partners to manage the University's Dacotah Legacy Collection (DLC) license which features the University's retired athletic marks in an exclusive retail line. If you are interested in becoming a DLC licensee, contact UND Licensing.
For more information on the DLC, visit FightingHawks.com.
This program is currently under review by the University of North Dakota. Contact us at UND.licensing@UND.edu for any questions.