Licensing Frequently Asked Questions
How do I purchase a UND trademarked item?
- Search UND list of licensed vendors.
- If the total order of items will exceed $10,000, you are required to contact Procurement & Payment Services to obtain competitive pricing.
- Once you have selected a vendor, work with them the design. The vendor submits the design for review using Trademarx Online. The UND Licensing Office reviews and approves the design. The vendor then notifies the department/organization of the design approval.
- For questions about logo usage guidelines, contact identity@UND.edu.
- For questions about licensing, contact the UND Licensing Office.
Where do I find the logos/trademarks?
Not all University trademarks are available for download (e.g. athletic logos, University Seal).
Does printing (paper products) need to go through licensing approval?
Not necessarily. All printed items must comply with the style and standards guide available at the UND Identity website. However, all printing jobs done off campus need to be routed through the UND Purchasing Office for competitive pricing.
Some printed items, such as window clings, backdrops etc. DO need to go through licensing approval.
Non-paper products (such as vinyl, banners, backdrops) require the use of a licensed vendor.
What is the turnaround time on trademarked item orders?
This is completely up to the vendor. When working with a vendor, be sure to provide your timeline, budget and other information to make sure they can best serve you. If you are having issues with turnaround time from a vendor, please notify the UND Licensing Office.