Print Chartfield Number Barcodes
Campus Postal Services has redesigned its barcode program. A new control that produces the barcode is now used and is compatible with the newer versions of MS Access.
How to Print Barcodes
- In order to print the barcode using the new MS Access program, please go to Sharepoint to download the zipped Barcode .dll folder. The sharepoint site requires the user to login like your UND email when accessing UND email from a web browser.
- From this location please download the Barcode X DLL install file to your computer. Unzip and save the downloaded file and its contents to the "My Documents" Folder.
- Locate the "install" file within the folder and right click on it. Run as the Administrator.
- This process only needs to be done once and not each time an updated Barcode Program file is downloaded.
Campus Postal Barcode Program
- Once the new file is saved, the user's computer may block the file from opening. To fix this, right click on the file and choose properties. Under the general tab, scroll down and click "unblock" and then apply. The user should now be able to open the file.
- The new program will print on both 30 labels and 80 labels. In newer versions of MS Access, a .pdf copy can be exported from the print preview screen.
- If using the paper option, the half-sheet of paper must be placed on top of the envelopes banded together that are to be charged to that chartfield number. When Campus Postal Services finishes processing the envelopes, the paper will be returned to the department so it can be reused.
- If using labels, a label only needs to be placed on the top envelope in a group of envelopes banded together. The label may be placed either below the return address or 1.5 inches below the upper right hand corner of the envelope. It may also be placed on the left side of the envelope perpendicular to the bottom edge. Do not place labels in the lower right hand corner of the envelope.