Major Equipment Inventory
NDCC 44-04-07 requires each department to perform an annual inventory of major equipment.
The departmental inventory coordinator for each department will receive a memo from Asset Management once per year with instructions for completing the annual major equipment verification report. If you have received a memo but are not the inventory coordinator for your department, please notify UND.assetmanagement@UND.edu.
For further information, please review the Annual Inventory policy.
Annual Major Equipment Process
North Dakota State Law (Century Code Chapter 44-04-07) requires each department to
perform an annual
inventory of major equipment. Major equipment is identified by silver University of North Dakota major
equipment tags with unique values.
- Open the Annual Major Inventory Guide to walk through the requirements step-by-step. This guide will walk you through the
annual major inventory process from start to finish. It is important to read and
follow the guide in detail.
- Step 2 and 3 below will be referenced in the step by step guide. Please open and follow the guide listed in step 1 before moving on.
- Open your department's Major Equipment Inventory Listing
- Complete the Major Verification Report
- Step by step directions on completing the verification report are listed in the annual inventory guide.