Peggy Varberg, Committee Chair
Associate Vice President, Human Resources & Payroll Services
Director, Emergency Management
Director, Student Diversity & Inclusion
Vice President, UND Chapter of the Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals
Assistant Director Housing Facilities, Housing
Assistant Professor, Criminal Justice
Assistant Chief of Operations, University Police Department
Chief of Police, Grand Forks Police Department
Assistant Vice President / Assistant Dean of Students, Student Affairs & Diversity
Assistant Vice President, Equal Opportunity & Title IX
Search Committee Chief Administrative Officer, Finance & Operations
- Observe strict confidentiality in the conduct of the search. Any member of the search committee who breaches confidentiality may be removed from the committee.
- Promote a diverse candidate pool while abiding by UND and NDUS equal opportunity and non-discrimination guidelines.
- Appointees to the Committee will serve without predetermined bias for or against any prospective candidates nominated, referred, or discovered in the search process.
- Committee members will serve with the understanding that the Committee will meet frequently over a period of months and that attendance at scheduled meetings is a top priority.
A Note on AVPPS Qualities
The vice presidentn for finance and operations has identified qualities for committee consideration:
- A commitment to people and building trust among faculty, students, and staff
- A commitment to public safety which requires that our UND community views the AVPPS and the Department of Public Safety as community partners and this sense of partnership is earned via acts of responsiveness, empathy, respect, helping, educating, and regulating in an professional objective fashion
- A spirit of innovation in delivering public safety services from risk management to emergency preparedness to environmental health and safety to community policing
- A keen financial sense to manage the public safety mission in the face of real budgets and a demonstrable history of successfully seeking extramural funds to pursue these missions
- A commitment to personal professionalism and the ability to imbue each member of the Public Safety department with the need for professionalism along with a commitment to continuous learning and training
- A demonstrable history of successfully partnering with surrounding public safety organizations (e.g., local, state, and nation-wide law enforcement agencies)
- A strong, respectful teammate who will work cooperatively with the other associate vice presidents and senior administration (e.g., president and vice presidents)
- Demonstrable success in leading a public safety department serving a diverse community (e.g., institution of higher education, municipality, or other political entity)