2020-2021 Event Guidelines
UND recognizes the positive impact of social engagement and participation in campus activities. UND will strive to provide students, faculty, staff and campus visitors with opportunities to engage in campus events outside the classroom while mitigating the spread of COVID-19. Given the fluid nature of COVID-19, event plans may need to be adjusted as conditions change to support the health and safety of the campus community.
Campus Activities & Events
Step 1: Request approval from divisional vice president. A detailed email describing your event and safety protocols should be sent to the division vice president requesting approval.
Step 2: Complete and submit Event Approval Form and attach a copy of the approval email from the VP. This should be completed at least two (2) weeks prior to the event.
Step 3: Await approval and further instructions from the Office of Safety.
- Campus events include all group activities, public lectures, symposiums, workshops, trainings, conferences, concerts, orientations, internships/co-ops and other campus activities held on-campus.
- An Event Approval Form MUST be completed for all events held in or on UND-owned property and all virtual/remote
events. Please adhere to the Event Policy and complete/submit Event Approval Form at least two (2) weeks prior to the event.
- Academic courses and department/staff meetings are not considered campus events and do not need to have Event Approval Forms submitted.
- Event Approval Forms do not need to be submitted for events held at off-campus locations (e.g., the Ralph Engelstad Arena, the Alerus Center, the Empire Arts Theater, etc.).
- Exceptions to the Campus Event Guidelines may be considered through the Event Approval Process or by the University President.
Campus Event Guidelines
The expectations for events held on-campus are consistent with UND’s Healthy Hawk Restart Guidelines.
*e.g., academic buildings, Chester Fritz Auditorium, Gorecki Alumni Center, High Performance Center, Hyslop, ND Museum of Art, outdoor spaces, parking lots, residence halls, Wellness Center, etc.