COVID-19 Parking and Transportation Updates
UND Parking Updates
May 22, 2020
Parking Services update
Between May 16 and July 31, an active UND parking permit will no longer be needed to park on our UND campus. However, Parking Services will continue to enforce safety issues with a focus on our ADA spaces, reserved spaces, service/maintenance vehicle spaces, and loading/timed spaces.
The office will remain open Monday through Friday, with limited staffing from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Customers are encouraged to call or email with questions, concerns or transactions that they have before coming to the office as all building doors are locked. If needed, we can set up a convenient time to meet.
April 16, 2020
- UND Parking Services takes its responsibility to ensure the health and safety of our customers, coworkers and community seriously.
- While students are taking classes remotely and many faculty and staff are also working remotely, UND Parking Services continues its operations.
- From now until May 31, an active UND permit is still required to park on campus between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays, except now all permits can park in “A,” “S,” “H” or “A/S/H” lots. Our apartment lots will be enforced as normal, so please do not park in other’s assigned spots. HOAPT permit holders can only park in their assigned spot and secondary car parking spots.
- Parking Services will continue to enforce parking for safety issues with a focus on our ADA spaces, reserved spaces, service/maintenance vehicle spots, and loading/timed zones. Passportparking/hourly parking can be purchased in the lots through the app on your phone or meters, and daily permits can be purchased by calling our office.
- The office remains open Monday through Friday, with limited staffing from 8 am to 4:30 p.m. Customers are encouraged to call or email with questions, concerns or transactions that they have before coming to the office as all building doors are locked. If needed, we can set up a convenient time to meet.
Effective Monday 3/23/2020 all doors will be locked in the Facilities Management building. The only access will be to the Ops Center and a sign has been placed on their window.
If anyone tries to come in the building they will need to have set up an appointment previously with Parking Services. No one unannounced will be allowed to access the building.
We at UND Parking Services take our responsibility to ensure the health and safety of our customers, coworkers and community seriously. We want to remind you of some of the actions that we are taking in response to the COVID-19 concern.
Things We Are Doing
- We are keeping our Parking Office open Monday through Friday with limited staffing from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. unless directed to do otherwise.
- We need our customers to call or email us with any questions, concerns or transactions.
- We are implementing additional cleaning and disinfecting protocols and promote social distancing with many employees working remotely.
- We are still enforcing parking for safety issues with a limited staff with our focus on our housing lots, handicap and reserved parking spots, service vehicle spots, loading and timed zones.
- We are monitoring this situation daily and will make changes, if needed, with communication posted.
UND Transportation Updates
Main doors of Transportation are close. Please call main phone at 701.777.4122.
All bus routes are cancelled till further noticed.
UND Coronavirus Updates
Follow the Coronavirus Updates blog for all UND campus announcements.