State Fleet Motor Pool
- Reservations are taken from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Vehicles can be picked up 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., Monday through Friday and after hours at the Communications Center located at the Facilities Department.
- Only vehicles reserved in advance are available for pick-up from the Communications Center.
All travel utilizing state fleet vehicles must be approved prior to reserving a vehicle. Follow these steps to ensure a vehicle is available:
Vehicles will not be released without a completed and authorized UND vehicle request form.
- Complete the State Fleet Driver Agreement Form.
- Familiarize yourself with Use of State, Leased and Rental Vehicles policy.
- Complete the UND Vehicle Request Form in its entirety and have it signed by a “competent authority”. Consult the instructions to sign and email the form if you have difficulties completing the form.
- Return the form to UND Transportation at Stop 9030 one week in advance of travel.
- If you do not receive confirmation, do not assume a vehicle will be ready for you. Verification of your travels plans are always welcome and encouraged.
Departments reserving vehicles from sites other than UND, process the UND Vehicle Request Form as listed above. Once approved, the UND Transportation Department will make arrangements for the vehicle with the appropriate motor pool. You will receive a confirmation when this is complete.
Vehicle Pick Up
We are required to see your driver's license each time you pick up a vehicle. If it is not valid, we cannot release the vehicle to you – no exceptions!
- Refuel vehicle at the State Refueling Site (south side of UND Transportation building).
- Take out personal refuse and vacuum if necessary. There is a vacuum located on the south side of the building across from the fuel pumps.
- Park vehicle in appropriate lot and record ending mileage on State Fleet Services Equipment Use form (located in vehicle pouch). Sign and date it and keep the "file copy" for your records. Replace white copy into pouch.
- If the vehicle is returned after hours, please put the completed pouch in the drop box located on the north side of the Transportation Building by the office door.
Please use these rates when calculating a trip using a motor pool vehicle. Users of State Fleet vehicles are required to utilize State Fleet refueling sites in North Dakota when they are in a city with those facilities. If there are any questions as to where these are located, please contact our office prior to travel.
Rates are effective Sept. 1, 2022 and may be adjusted periodically. *Rates include Mileage Surcharge.
|Vehicle Type||UND Rate Per Mile/HR|
|Minivan - 7 Passenger||$0.523*|
|Van - 15 Passenger||$0.933*|
|Expedition - 6 Passenger||$0.863*|
|Suburban - 6 Passenger||$0.863*|
|Pickup, Ext. Cab, 4x4; 6 ft. box||$0.863*|
|Cargo Van - Full Size||$0.933*|
|Mini Cargo Van||$0.863*|
|Hour Meter Surcharge||$0.230|
The North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) hosts auctions to sell State Fleet vehicles. Visit the auction website for dates and additional details.