Get Moving Challenge
Will you take the challenge?
August 20 - September 16
The Get Moving Challenge is a 4-week challenge to increase your physical activity. You will keep track of your steps, covert them from other forms of activity if necessary. The goal is to get you moving MORE.
It's open to everyone! UND staff, faculty, students, and their friends and family.
You can register as an individual or form a team (up to 6). The team can be made up of coworkers, family members, student workers, etc...it's up to you.
Steps get logged-in weekly or daily on the GET MOVING login page.
You can keep track of your steps by using a pedometer, activity tracker, or cell phone app. Use this conversion chart to change activities into steps. Here are some informational sheets on strength training and flexibility. Online registration is encouraged...a paper version is available HERE.
- Weekly Walking Moais. A Walking Moai (mow-eye) is more than motivation to get moving. It's an active timeout for healthy conversation. It's a boost for your mood. It's a meeting that's anything but boring. These Walking Moais provide a time out to talk, laugh, connect, and move!
Currently, we have 8 UND Walking Moais. Anyone is welcome to join these groups for a walk! Email the Moai Leader for more details or questions.
|Airport (MX Building)||Wednesdays & Fridays, 7:30||LoAnn Stadstad|
|Human Nutrition Research Center (HNRC)||Wednesdays, 12:30||Diana Duchscherer|
|Memorial Union||Fridays, 11:00||Mike Wozniak|
|O'Kelly Hall||Monday - Thursday, 11:00||Paula Cox|
|School of Medicine & Health Sciences||Thursdays, 9:30||Ashley Bayne|
|Student Health Services||Wednesdays, 12:30||Laura Morgan|
|Twamley Hall||Tuesdays, 9:30||Brittany Jackson|
|Wellness Center||Tuesdays & Thursdays, 2:00||Kathryn Wise|
Want to start your own department Moai? Email email@example.com for more information!
- GROUPS: Your results will be compiled with others in your group. If you are a walker, you will be compared with other walkers...not someone running to train for a marathon. You can still join a team & team standings won't be affected by which group you are in. Members on a team may be in different groups. We recognize that all our participants have different physical levels of ability and want to make sure to all particiants are included. Please refer to this conversion chart to convert alternative forms of movement into steps for the challenge.
- CHALLENGES: A little friendly competition never hurt. If you are a member of a team, you have the ability to challenge another team(s) at any time during the challenge. An email will be sent to notify them of the challenge and you can track your status along the way.
- ELECTRONIC TROPHIES: Keeping you motivated throughout the challenge! How many trophies can you earn for your trophy case? Earned by achieving various milestones such as increasing your steps from the previous week, leading in team challenges, and total steps.
- PRIZES: At the halfway point, 5 lucky winners will receive a gift card! Two $100 Grand Prizes will be awarded at the end. All prizes are awarded by random drawings of those who have entered steps.
- REMINDERS: Don't miss another deadline. You will receive weekly emails reminding you to log your steps!
Please contact Work Well at 701-777-0210 with any questions.