Zen in 10
ON CAMPUS SESSIONS CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Zen in 10 focuses on stretching, breathing and having fun with coworkers! Go back to work with less stress, more energy and better body functioning. Zen in 10 is a FREE program for staff, faculty, and students led by Certified Yoga Relax and Renew instructor, Kay Williams. Check out Kay's latest at-home Zen in 10 sessions:
Learn a little more about Zen in 10:
Health screenings can help ensure both common and serious diseases and conditions are detected and treated. Employees and spouses can only attend one UND health screening per academic year to allow other employees and spouses to get the opportunity. This screening is FREE!
Feel free to use your $200 preventative benefit if you need or would like additional testing.
Schedule a Health Screening
- Appointments are required.
- Appointment times start at 7:00 a.m. and run every 15 minutes until 1:00 p.m.
- There are fasting and non-fasting options for cholesterol this session. If you plan to fast, you may want to take an earlier appointment.
- Grab & Go breakfast will be provided courtesy of Work Well.
Sanford Health along with the College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines* will provide:
- Body Mass Index: Height, weight and waist measurements
- Blood Pressure
- Fasting Total Cholesterol: HDL, LDL, Triglycerides, Total Cholesterol, TC/HDL Ratio
- The Cholestech LDX machine delivers the ability to measure a complete lipid profile plus glucose and it does it in 7 minutes per test.
- Non-fasting Cholesterol: Total Cholesterol, HDL, TC/HDL Ratio
- Blood Glucose
*The information provided by Work Well, Sanford Health, and UND students does not replace visiting your health care provider.
Deans for Wellness
The initiative started in 2012 with the hopes the academic Deans at UND would foster top-down leadership support of wellness at work for faculty and staff. We challenge each Dean to host an acitivty that promotes well-being in one or more areas of the 7 Dimensions of Wellness during the academic year. Deans for Wellness continues to provide opportunities for faculty and staff to model well-being to our students.
Gratitude: the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
This campaign is about taking a few moments from your day to focus on what you have rather than what's missing. These are often overlooked in our day-to-day lives. Gratitude encourages you to pay attention to normal occurrences or interactions you normally take for granted. We encourage you to comment and interact with our social media campaign using the hashtag #gratefulUND.
We will also be distributing sticky notes for you to write a gratitude statement; an appreciative comment or something/someone you are grateful for. You can fill out more than one; the more the merrier!!The notes will be brought to the Wellness Center and posted on the wall in the landing area to make a Wall of Gratitude.
Sticky note locations:
- Wilkerson Dining Hall
- Wellness Center landing area
Still need more convincing? This article on practicing gratitude highlights the benefits linked to mental health, life satisfaction and physical health.