We like to move it, move it! We like to MOVE IT!
It is a known fact that you need to be physically active to stay healthy, but did you know exercising can help you feel better right away? By moving each day, physical activity can boost your mood, sharpen your focus, help reduce stress, and improve sleep! Health benefits from physical activity may lower risk of chronic diseases, lower weight, and improve overall daily stamina. Whether you have access to exercise equipment or not, there are activities you can do around the house that will not only get you moving, but also keep you safe and socially distant.
What counts as MOVING IT?
- Use daily activities you have to do anyways to help you move
- Yard work, walking the dog, house cleaning
- Even things that do not feel like exercise can be!
- Gardening, playing catch, dancing
Tips to help you get MOVING IT daily!
- Have walking meetings via Zoom or Skype instead of sending an email
- Use designated break times to incorporate walking or stretching into your daily routine
- Walk up and down the stairs of your home
- Try a web-based exercise video or program
- Build activity into your daily routine, it is all about balance!
How much MOVING do I need to do?
Moderate-intensity aerobic activity or anything that gets your heart beating faster should be done at least 150 minutes per week
Muscle-strengthening activity or activities that make your muscles work harder than usual should be done at least 2 days per week
- Free weights
- Resistance bands
- Machine/assisted weights
- Body weighted exercises
- Canned goods and books can also provide some resistance at home!