Employee Wellness Benefits
Getting healthy has never been so easy! Be sure not to miss out on your UND employee wellness benefits.
Need some extra motivation for getting started on your wellness journey? UND employees insured under the Sanford Health Plan can receiveup to a $250* wellness benefit annually for completing healthy living activities (such as going to the dentist, attending a health screening, eating healthy, and working out). In addition, your covered spouse can also earn the same benefit totaling up to $500* per household!
*Amount is equivalent to prizes or gift cards.
Dakota Wellness Program
Earn up to 25,000 points (1 point=1 penny) to receive up to $250* per year.
Sanford Wellness Portal
- Create an account on the Sanford Health Plan Member Portal.
- Once activated, navigate to the Insurance tab and click Insurance Links, then scroll down to find the wellness portal and redemption center.
- Employees covered by the Sanford Health Plan may earn up to 25,000 points (equivalent to $250) for completing healthy living activities. Covered spouse may also earn an additional 25,000 points (equivalent to $500 per household).
- Points are entered and tracked through the Sanford Wellness Portal (StayWell site or app).
- Points are earned for participating in health challenges, walking, or engaging in a variety of healthy living activities.
- Points can be redeemed for prizes and/or gift cards equivalent to the value of points that you earned.
Looking to jump start your way to earning your wellness benefit? When you complete the Dakota Wellness Program Voucher you will earn an easy 15,000 points (equivalent to $150) toward your employee wellness benefit.
Work Well will provide the voucher form once a qualifying activity or challenge is completed.
Starting in January 2020
- Members can now earn their points towards the 2020 wellness benefit right away!
- The Work Well Coordinator will fill out the event code and point value section.
- The Work Well Coordinator will distribute the voucher to employees after attending an approved wellness event or challenge via email or printed copy.
- Employees will follow instructions on the form to upload to the online wellness portal.
Vouchers for July 1 to December 1, 2019 activities
- Sanford health plan will process and automatically upload points to individual member accounts in January 2020
Vouchers received after December 1, 2019
- Sanford health plan will return the vouchers to the wellness
coordinator with instructions on how to upload to the wellness
portal in January 2020
- Wellness coordinators may hold onto voucher forms for activities
taking place during this time and distribute in January.
- Sanford Health Plan will continue to receive and process your vouchers for 2019 activities until December 1, 2019. Points earned by members for activities taking place between July 1 and December 1, 2019 will be automatically uploaded into individual wellness portals in January 2020.
- Vouchers received by Sanford Health Plan after December 1, 2019, and all voucher activities taking place in 2020, will become the member's responsibility to upload into their individual member wellness portal. Any vouchers that do not meet the deadline will be returned to wellness coordinators. Sanford Health Plan will provide detailed instructions on how to use the new upload function.
Fitness Center Reimbursement
- If you are a member of a participating fitness center, you can get reimbursed up to
$20/month on your fitness center membership when you work out 12 days per month.
- Example: If you pay $40/month for a fitness center membership, you can receivea $20 reimbursement when you workout at your fitness center a minimum of 12 different days within a calendar month.
- Join a participating fitness center, such as the UND Wellness Center, and ask about signing up for the fitness center reimbursement program if you participate in this program and work out.
Mix and Match your programs!
You may earn up to $240 a year through the FitnessCenter Reimbursement program and earn the remaining $10 (total $250 annually) through the Sanford Wellness Portal program.
|ActivityVoucher||Worth 15,000 points||Equivalent to $150|
|Sanford Wellness Portal||Up to 25,000 points||Equivalent to $250|
|Fitness Center Reimbursement||Up to 24,000 points||Equivalent to $240|
|Total Maximum Benefit (Individual)||25,000 points||Equivalent to $250|
|Total Maximum Benefit (Household)||50,000 points||Equivalent to $500|
*Amount is equivalent to prizes or gift cards.
For questions about the Dakota Wellness Program, please contact a Sanford representative at (844).742.0014 or NDPERSwellness@sanfordhealthplan.com.