Work Well cleanup page . . . don't want to get rid of the information but there is no use for it right now.
- Flu Clinics
- Health Screenings
- Sanford bWell online portal
- Sanford Fitness Center Reimbursement Program
- Metaoblic Testing
- Weight Watchers at UND
- Get Moving Challenge
- Special Events: Zen in 10, Worst Office Chair Contest, etc.
- Deans for Wellness Initiative
- Diabetes Prevention Program
- Wellness Infusion in State Employee Recognition Week and Spring Fling
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tobacco Cessation - more information coming soon from Sanford
- NDPERS/UND voucher for extra points into bWell - more information coming soon from Sanford
NDPERS Wellness Newsletters (2018)
NDPERS Insurance Benefits
National Wear Red Day Photo Contest
Take your photo on Friday, February 1st, 2019 | Submit photo the week of February 1st-8th | Voting opens February 11th and closes February 15th, 2019
Grab your coworkers and find something red to wear on February 1st. The UND community is encouraged to show support for heart health in women by wearing red to work and taking a photo to submit online to Work Well.
There are three photo categories: Digitally Enhanced, Wellness Theme, and Most Fun.
Winners in each category will receive a healthy break-room snack pack. Winners receive a fruit and yogurt parfait party for 20. The 2nd and 3rd place finishers will receive a framed photo for their office.
- Photos can be submitted online February 1st-8th
- One upload per person
- Must check the "Permission to Use" box to be able to be entered
- Open to staff, faculty and student employees
- Voting online February 11th-15th
- One vote per category (anyone can vote)
- Winners announced the week of February 18th
12 Days of Wellness
The holidays are meant to be full of cheer & good spirits but in reality, they can be full of stress, hectic schedules, and overeating. All the extra activities and expectations can throw you off your routine. The 12 Days of Wellness is an opportunity to keep wellness at the top of your to-do list. You don't have to wait until New Year's to make a resolution to take care of yourself.
Complete a different activity each day for 12 days from the activity list provided. It's that simple.Return your completed tracking sheet by Dec. 21, 2018, to be entered into a drawing for a holiday goodie basket.
Download & print the rules & your tracking sheet HERE
LEGO® Social Hour
Put some play in your day. Join us we get together to relax, socialize and get creative building your own LEGO®
masterpiece. The theme for the social hour is HISTORY. Build a 'history' themed creation
and you are entered for chance to win your own LEGO® set! LEGO® bricks are provided.
This program is geared to build your awareness of the 7 Dimensions of Wellness and how they are interconnected.
Random Acts of Kindness - February 12 - 18
The purpose of this card is to encourage someone to pay it forward and pass along the kindness you've just shown them. Think of it as 'Tag, You're It'. The act is simple, but the impact can make someone's day.
Want to learn how to crochet; already a pro? Every other Thursday, starting January 18th, join us at the American Indian Service Center as we get together to learn the basics of crochet and to share knowledge among all levels of crocheters. We will have an instructor on hand not only to teach the essentials of this hand textile, but to take your basics to the next level. Come to socialize, relax and relieve stress as you crochet warm and fuzzy fiber creations.
Get Moving Challenge
Will you take the challenge?
This is a 4-week challenge to increase your physical activity. You will keep track of your steps, covert them from other forms of activity if necessary. The goal is to get you moving or get you moving MORE.
It's open to everyone! UND staff, faculty, students and their friends and family.
You can register as an individual or form a team (up to 6). The team can be made up of coworkers, family members, student workers, etc...it's up to you.
Online registration is encouraged, but a paper version is available. Please contact Work Well to request.
Track Your Activitiy
Five NEW fitbit alta HRs™ are available, first come first serve.Pedometers and Fitbits® can be reserved and rented out through the Wellness Center Front Desk.
You can also keep track of your steps by using a pedometer, activity tracker or cell phone app. Use this conversion chart to change activities into steps. Here are some informational sheets on strength training and flexibility.
Get Moving Features
- GROUPS: Your results will be compiled with others in your group. If you are a walker, you will be compared with other walkers...not someone training for a marathon. You can still join a team & team standings won't be affected by which group you are in. Members on a team may be in different groups.
- CHALLENGES: A little friendly competition never hurt. If you are a member of a team, you have the ability to challenge another team(s) at any time during the challenge. An email will be sent to notify them of the challenge and you can track your status along the way.
- ELECTRONIC TROPHIES: Keeping you motivated throughout the challenge. How many trophies can you earn for your trophy case? Earned by achieving various milestones such as increasing your steps from the previous week, leading in team challenges, total steps, and BONUS activities.
- PRIZES: Weekly team/group, Individual & Grand (all are awarded by random drawings of those who have entered steps). We also throw in a few spontaneous contests so keep checking your emails & your Get Moving homepage.
- REMINDERS: Don't miss another deadline. You will receive an email reminding you to log your steps.
Energy balance by Steve Blair
Couponing: A Contribution to Financial Wellness by Dr. Sandra Short
Lifelong Mental Well-Being by Dr. Sarah Edwards
The Effects of Stress and Stress Reduction by Dr. Lars Helgeson
"Weight Watchers is very convenient. It has eliminated all excuses I had for not previously joining. It also gives me a built-in support group since I am surrounded by co-workers that I interact with on a daily basis. I have lost 22 pounds in the first session and hope to lose another 20 pounds in the next session. If I can do it - so can you!" - Anonymous Participant
"It motivates me so much to see people I work with do so well. This program is such a good fit for the UND community!" - Kristen Peterson
"My new blood work shows a 48 point decrease in cholesterol because of eating better, the Work Well Fruit and Vegetable Challenge, plus Weight Watchers at Work at UND. There is no talk this time of cholesterol medication from my doctor, plus all of my blood work is just great!" - Anonymous Participant
For questions or problems logging in please contact our customer service department team at 866.204.2885.
For general questions about the program at UND, contact Work Well at: 701-777-0210 or email@example.com.
January 2010 July 2011
"People have asked me what my ‘secret’ has been to lose weight; I proudly tell them Weight Watchers and that the Weight Watchers slogan, ‘Because it works!’ is true! I joined Weight Watchers April 1st, 2010 and reached my goal of losing 60lbs in March 2011.” – Kathie Howes, UND Weight Watchers At Work Participant
Columbia Hall Walking Path:
- Floor 1: 5 laps
- Floor 2: 5 laps (admissions office door/window area to south end of hallway)
- Floor 3: 4.5 laps (1/2 lap stops at elevator)
- Floor 4: 4.5 laps (1/2 lap stops at elevator)
- Floor 5: 4.5 laps (1/2 lap stops at elevator)
- All distances are listed 1/4 miles. One lap equals one length of the North-South hallway.
Hours: (unless UND is closed for holidays or weather)
- Monday - Friday: 6am-6pm (all floors open)
- Saturday: 10am-6am (first floor only)
- Sunday: 1pm-Midnight (first floor only)
A special thank is extended to Joel Obermeyer, UND Facilities, Jack Chatt, Angie Lockwood, Jessica Sobolik, Faye Aker, Dean Wynne, and Terry Nelson for their help making this project come to life - Healthy UND Physical Activity sub-committee and Work Well. The Grand Opening was October 14, 2013 with Dean Josh Wynne and UND walkers.
Parking Garage Walking Path:
Option 1 (Take 5 times for 1 mile)
- Take stairs to the main floor landing
- From the main floor landing walk to the 3rd floor
- Walk through the hall and skywalk over to the last sign in the East tower
- Take the stairs down and back up the East tower
- Turn around and walk back to checkpoint
- Head back down the stairs to the basement
- Repeat 5 times for a mile!
Option 2 (3 times=1/4 mile and 6 times=1/2 mile)
- Take the stairs at the landing to the 3rd floor
- Walk through the hall and skywalk over to the last sign in the East tower
- Return to checkpoint by the 3rd floor stairs
- Returning to checkpoint 3 times equals 1/4 mile!
- Returning to checkpoint 6 times equals 1/2 miles!
A special thank you is extended to: Bethany Brandvold, the Parking department, UND Facilities, Becky Sims, and Angie Lockwood for their help making this project come to life - Healthy UND Physical Activity Sub-committee and Work Well.
Grand Opening was October 15, 2012 with President and First Lady Kelley, the American Heart Association staff member and UND walkers.
*NOTE: Pathway between Skalicky to Ryan is currently under construction and closed but the remaining of the skyway is useable.
- One Lap = Odegard to Skalicky or vice versa
- 1 lap = 1/4 of a mile. Four laps equals a mile
A special thank you is extended to: Dean Smith, Jane Olson, Facilities, Becky Sims, and the Healthy UND Physical Activity Sub-Commitee. The Grand Opening was April 10, 2014 with Dean Bruce Smith and UND walkers.
There are benefits to being an employee at the University of North Dakota! Present your UND U-Card and receive discounts at the following stores:
15% off at the Ralph Engelstad Arena Sioux Shop
10% off at the UND Bookstore (except on textbooks)
Update: As of July 2015, Sam's Club no longer offers the $10 gift card when you join or renew.
25% off eyeglass frames at Vista Optical
Delta Airlines offers 2% off flights. Click here for more information.
Other businesses such as Verizon, Sprint, Valley Dairy, and others offer discounts for state employees. The Council of State Employees centralizes a list of discounts.
UND is an accredited CEO Cancer Gold Standard company providing comprehensive benefits to employees to reduce risk through lifestyle change, early detection and quality care. Cancer can be scary, but you are not alone. UND provides the following information to help you understand cancer, clinical trials and find cancer trials in the local area.
What is Cancer? Cancer is the name given to a collection of related diseases. It happens when the body's cells begin to divide without stopping and spread to surrounding tissues.
Below is a helpful link to understanding clinical trials and additional links to local/regional clinical and cancer trials:
Fitness Center Reimbursement
Benefited employees and spouses can earn $20 by exercising in a participating facility 12 days a month.
Enrollment must be completed online.
This program allows:
- Returning participants must verify their information at NIHCArewards.org
- New participants must enroll online at NIHCArewards.org
- Before you receive any payments, you MUST complete the annual health assessment (called Life Score).