Monday Evening Sitting Group Book Selections
Current Book Talk Title
Join us from 6-6:30 p.m. Monday nights for a discussion about Pema Chodron's Welcoming the Unwelcome: Wholehearted Living in a Broken Hearted World.
- Weekly discussions begin April 11th
- Remote attendance option, contact UND Lotus center for login details
Previous Book Talk Titles
- Dhamma Everywhere by Ashin Tejaniya
- Eight Mindful Steps to Happiness: Walking the Buddha's Path by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana
- Buddha's Daughters: Teachings from Women Who Are Shaping Buddhism in the West by Andrea
Self Compassion by Kristin Neff
- Wherever You Go There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Bringing Home the Dharma: Awakening Right Where You Are by Jack Kornfield
- The Kosambi Intrigue; A Tale in the Time of the Buddha by Susan Stone
- Transformation & Healing: The Sutra on the Four Establishments of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Taking the Leap: Freeing Ourselves from Old Habits and Fears by Pema Chodron
- A Path With Heart by Jack Kornfield
Print & Audiovisual Resources
The Family of God Church has a free lending library of many books on meditation and mindfulness. Additionally, many of the books were purchased and donated to the Chester Fritz Library by Lotus Meditation Center founder Tamar Read (Professor Emerita, UND Music). Access the UND Chester Fritz Library Catalog for titles.
UND Health and Wellness promotes the 7 Dimensions of Wellness activities for students, faculty and staff which includes Spiritual and Emotional Dimensions. Mindfulness is supported with a Zen Den at the Wellness Center; mindful movement with Zen in 10 at different campus locations; mindfulness beginning classes for students offered at the University Counseling Center in addition to the Lotus Meditation Center programs.
- Dharma Seed offers an inclusive listing of talks given at retreat centers such as Insight Meditation Society and Spirit Rock Meditation Center, listed by teacher names.
- The Insight Meditation Center offers resources for beginner to experienced students. Dharma talks are available for free download which are sometimes incorporated into the Monday evening sitting group discussions. An excellent starting place is Gil Fronsdal's Vipassana teachings.