How to Apply
Apply for Faculty/Executive Openings
Instructions to apply and/or contact information for a vacancy in the faculty/executive category can be found on the individual position announcement for each particular opening.
Apply for Staff Openings
To apply, simply click the orange "Apply" button on the right side of the position announcement.
This will take you to the electronic application process. Please complete all pages required. Once you have completed all steps, choose submit and your application will be electronically submitted for the specific position you have chosen.
It is our policy to accept employment applications for specific job openings only. Unsolicited applications are not retained.
All applications will be accepted until the closing date at 5:00 pm.
Tips for Applicants
- Read the vacancy announcement thoroughly.
- Follow the instructions carefully on the "Application Procedures" section of the position announcement.
- Fill out the application form completely. Provide detail - do not use "see resume" on your application form.
- Clearly detail how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications of the position in your cover letter. Also indicate how your education and experience relate to the summary of work. It's very important to review the qualifications of the position that you are interested. If your qualifications or job experience meet the position requirements, make sure your application/resume reflect it.
- Faculty positions require the application materials to be submitted directly to the
Your application will be rejected if all application materials requested within the "Application Procedures" are not received by the specific closing date as noted within the vacancy announcement.
- Include a list of references with your resume. Do not state on your resume, "References available upon request." The best references include former managers/supervisors, co-workers, and college instructors/advisors. It's a good idea to ask your references for permission to use their names.
- Proofread all your application materials. These documents represent your first impression to the University. Misspelled words and poor grammar do not make a good first impression. If you are re-using cover letters or resumes, it is a good idea to make sure that it addresses who you are currently applying with – it's a bad idea to send a cover letter/resume that addresses "Fred's Tires" when you are actually applying for a job at UND.
- If you are claiming veteran's preference, provide the required documents as listed on the application form.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a copy of a VA statement dated within the past year. Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date of application.