How to Apply
Apply for Faculty/Executive Openings
Instructions to apply and/or contact information for a vacancy in the faculty/executive category can be found on the individual position announcement for each particular opening.
Apply for Staff Openings
To apply, simply click the "Apply" button on the right side of the position announcement. Internal applicants will need to apply by accessing the careers tile through Employee Self-Service.
This will take you to the electronic application process. Please complete all pages required. Once you have completed all steps, click ‘submit’ and your application will be electronically submitted for the specific position you have chosen.
It is our policy to accept employment applications for specific job openings only. Unsolicited applications are not retained.
All applications will be accepted until the closing date at 11:59pm.
Tips for Applicants
- Read the job posting thoroughly.
- Make sure you fully understand the minimum requirements and the preferred qualifications. Applicants that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered for the position.
- Fill out the application form completely. Provide detail - do not use "see resume" on your application form.
- Clearly detail how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications of the position in your cover letter. Also indicate how your education and experience relate to the summary of work.
- All applications must contain references to contact. The best references are current or former managers/supervisors or co-workers; those persons who have direct knowledge of your work habits, skills, and abilities. It is a good idea to request permission and/or notify them when you are listing them as references.
- Proofread all your application materials. These documents represent your first impression to the University.
- If you are claiming ND Veteran's Preference, you must provide the necessary documentation.
- We do not accept paper applications, however, if you are having trouble submitting your resume, cover letter, etc. Into the online application, call UND HR for assistance.
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214, NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a copy of a VA statement dated within the past year. Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date of application.
UND determines employment eligibility through the E-Verify system. What is E-Verify? E-Verify Poster