Staff Senate fosters a spirit of unity, pride, and cooperation by advising University administration.
These dedicated people have a substantial impact in making specific recommendations for changes. The Staff Senate has been involved in numerous professional development initiatives and proposals.
Purpose of Staff Senate
The Staff Senate is comprised of elected representatives from each salary band to serve the following objective purposes:
- To serve as an active link for meaningful information exchange between staff and administration relative to issues of mutual concern.
- To provide open meetings to express, propose, represent, investigate and debate issues. The Staff Senate, acting as an official and responsible voice in University affairs, will recommend action on issues that receive majority approval of the senators.
- To advise the President with regard to working conditions and employment practices, including recognition, compensation and other pertinent issues.
- To promote awareness of opportunities developed by Staff Senate, encourage involvement in campus and community activities and increase knowledge of the operation of the University.
Mission of Staff Senate
To advocate for staff by supporting engagement, development, and recognition through shared governance and collaboration.
Summer 2019 Construction Projects
Stay up to date on road closings, parking lot upgrades and other summer construction by following the UND Campus Renewal & Construction Update blog.
Applications and Forms
- Seeds for Staff Success — Apply for a Seeds for Staff Success Grant. Grants are awarded three times a year. The application lists eligibility requirements.
- Denim Day Policy & Application for Funding — Further information for Denim Days and dates can be found on the Denim Days page.
- Denim Days Payroll Deduction Form — Complete this form if you wish to have your Denim Day contribution taken from your paycheck.
- Staff Senator Signup Form - Complete this form to express your interest in serving your fellow UND staff members as a Staff Senator!