Procurement & Payment Services
Procurement & Payment Services is a customer first resource and the single point of contact for all centralized procurement and payment activities for the University.
Our goal is to identify and implement innovative purchasing and payment practices to better support the needs of the University while adhering to the highest ethical values in the purchase, receipt, and payment of goods and services.
About Procurement & Payment Services
- We are responsible for soliciting, contracting and issuing orders for goods and services, as well as overseeing the purchasing card program and performing disbursement functions for all approved expenses for goods, services and reimbursements.
- We at PPS strive to provide excellent customer service, maintain resourceful practices that follow the state and federal laws, and maintain and expand vendor relations that enable competitive and diversified vendor sources that will provide the best value to the University. Our ultimate goal is to provide professional and courteous service to our internal and external customers while remaining in compliance with University policies and federal and state requirements.
- The effective date for implementation of Uniform Guidance, OMB 2.CFR.200.317 - 326 at the University of North Dakota for procurements using federal funds is July 1, 2018. The University will follow Procurement Standards regulations as specified in OMB Circular A-110, 2 CFR Part 215 through June 30, 2018. For any questions regarding Uniform Guidance contact the UND Grants and Contracts Office. Also review our Federal Funding/SAM site.
Any products bearing University marks or logos must follow UND's licensing policy regarding use and licensed vendors.
UND has selected multiple JAGGAER spend-management solutions for digital transformation of their university wide procurement processes, including management of sensitive research materials.
- The University had been using manual processes for the general procurement needs of the school as well as the specialized needs of research labs. UND selected JAGGAER’s Source to Settle spend management suite, along with Supplier Management and Enterprise Reagent Manager (ERM) to provide much needed visibility and compliance to their entire process. The solutions will be integrated with PeopleSoft, which is used by UND.
- JAGGAER’s ERM is a solution that allows scientific staff throughout the organization to find, source and track proprietary chemicals, reagents and lab supplies from a single application. The solution optimizes chemical inventory and promotes regulatory compliance while managing risky hazardous materials.
“Our selection was based on JAGGAER being able to demonstrate that its solution could materially improve service to the University community with the potential for lower prices, faster delivery times, at lower cost. In addition, JAGGAER is a known and accepted contracted vendor that has a competitive solicitation contract with E&I, a member-owned, non-profit purchasing cooperative serving higher education.
A key aspect is their large installed user base at hundreds of schools around the world, which, with the assistance of our Core Technology Services (CTS) Office from the North Dakota University System will integrate with our existing PeopleSoft infrastructure and provide a powerful inventory management offering for our research needs. Our goal is that between JAGGAER, CTS and the efforts of our large user community we will enable our procurement department to deliver a heightened value to the organization,” says Jed Shivers, vice president of finance & operations/chief operating officer of UND.