Office of Emergency Management
Safety is our only priority.
The Office of Emergency Management is responsible for coordinating the University’s preparation for, response to, and recovery from any major emergency.
What We Do
- Oversee the University’s 24/7 Operations Center
- Maintain the Emergency Operations Plan and coordinate the Emergency Operations Center
- Coordinate development of Building Emergency Action Plans and Continuity of Operations Plans
- Facilitate multiple notification methods for emergency communications, such as UND Alerts
- Ensure compliance with the National Incident Management System and other regulations
- Conduct and participate in numerous exercises annually to refine emergency decision-making processes
- Offer numerous training sessions for all-hazards emergencies
- Develop important internal and external partnerships across the UND community
The UND Operations Center, a component of the Office of Emergency Management, operates 24/7 with six full-time Operations Center Specialists and one supervisor. It receives calls reporting building/maintenance/service problems and issues work orders routed to Facilities staff and ensures immediate response to emergency problems.
- The Center tracks building automation and energy management; monitors fire and duress alarms; oversees the campus safety mobile app (Mobile BlueLight); issues emergency communications and alerts to the campus community; dispenses and receives UND keys and fobs; coordinates appropriate response for lock-outs; and handles general campus requests during non-business hours.
- The Center also is home to the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and UND’s virtual emergency management system (Veoci), which is a central command and control facility responsible for ensuring the continuity of operations for the campus during an emergency.
Area Emergency Contacts
- Grand Forks Police Department - 701.787.8000
- Grand Forks Fire Department - 701.746.2566
- Grand Forks County Sheriff's Department - 701.780.8280
- Grand Forks Health Department - 701.787.8100
- Grand Forks Emergency Management - 701.780.8213