Campus Emergency Notification System
The Campus Emergency Notification System is used to notify students, faculty, and staff of vitally important information in emergency situations. An "emergency" means a situation that poses an immediate threat to the health or safety of someone in the institution or system community or that significantly disrupts institution or system programs and activities, such as school closing. The following methods may be used to notify the campus community of various emergencies that may affect the campus community:
- Text message
- Outdoor warning sirens
- Official UND website and Office of Emergency Management website
- Local media
- SafeCampus App
- UPD social media
- Automated building alarms
- Log on to your CampusConnection using your student ID number and select the "Profile" tile.
- Select "Emergency Notification". Enter the phone number where you can be reached most quickly in the event of an emergency.
- If you wish to receive text messaging, enter your cell phone number as your phone number and you will receive both text messages and telephone calls to that cell number.
- Be sure to select "Accept" at the bottom of the screen authorizing the selections made.
Instructions for Students to enter/update UND-Alerts Emergency Contact Information.
UND Faculty & Staff
It is required by the NDUS that all University of North Dakota employees have on file with HR/Payroll an emergency notification phone number(s) in the event it is necessary to release immediate emergency or important campus information. This includes all full-time, part-time, and student employees.Instructions for Faculty & Staff to enter/update UND-Alerts Emergency Contact Information.