Forms & Training
All UND forms are unavailable until further notice. Contact the UND department directly.
- To streamline the budget journal process, workflow has been created within the PeopleSoft Finance system. Effective June 1, 2023 all departments will need to utilize the new PeopleSoft workflow process; budget journal submissions will no longer be available in Perceptive Content.
- Budget journals establish or change a budget for a particular Account-Fund-Department-Project-Program combination. Changes to the annual operating revenue and expenditures must be submitted using a Budget Journal. See Budget Journal Instructions for how to complete a budget journal in PeopleSoft Finance. Note that budgets related to G&C projects do NOT follow this process.
- Use the Budget Journal User eForm Request to request access for new users, change roles for current users, or remove users that have left the department.
- Budgets Etc. is an overview of a variety of processes related to monitoring and managing
your unit's budget. Topics covered in this aide include:
- Budget Set Up and Monitoring
- Fund Types
- Ledger and Account Types
- How to Check Fund (Cash Balances)
- How to Run a Variety of Reports
- Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Budgets Etc.
Position Funding Form
- Changes to the Department Budget Table must be submitted using a Position Funding Form (PFF)
5 Year University Budget Summary
The University of North Dakota biennially prepares an all-funds operating budget according to guidelines set by the State Board of Higher Education (SBHE) and the North Dakota University System (NDUS).
Budgets are reviewed and compiled by the Associate Director of Resource Planning and Allocation to ensure accuracy and compliance with guidelines. Biennial budget schedules provided by NDUS are compiled and approved by the President before forwarding to the University Chancellor for final approval.
Amounts include appropriated, local and grants for all institutional functions.
|UND General Fund & Tuition||$212,624,478.00||$209,401,135.00||$208,472,746||$203,244,486||$177,555,383|
|UND Grants/Contracts & Other Funds||$360,877,565.00||$360,877,565.00||$343,622,296||$343,622,296||$313,053,774|
|MED General Fund & Tuition||$59,892,268.00||$58,853,446.00||$56,733,986||$56,624,688||$62,819,533|
|MED Grants/Contracts & Other Funds||$55,786,370.00||$54,734,164.00||$44,073,564||$44,739,473||$48,198,969|
2021-23 Biennial Budget Schedules
Strategic Planning Online (SPOL)
Strategic Planning Online is a cloud based software solution that the North Dakota University System (NDUS) is using to manage the key aspects of institutional effectiveness. SPOL combines the key elements of strategic planning, budgeting, assessment, program review, credentialing, and accreditation to offer a unified collaborative environment for holistic continuous improvement, providing a framework to support the core requirements associated with accreditation standards and other regulations.
To login to SPOL use your Identity Management (IDM) username and password on the SPOL website.
The MIRA Magnified series aims to increase understanding of complex MIRA topics. If you have any suggested topics for future MIRA Magnified guides, please feel free to contact Resource Planning & Allocation.