Policy Statement for Apartments/Residence Halls
- The service period for all UND Telecommunications services is from the 16th of the month through the 15th of the following month.
- The person responsible for all Telecommunications charges must be a registered with UND.
- It is the responsibility of the subscriber to notify UND Telecommunications be vacating an apartment/residence hall. The subscriber will be charged for services until a termination of service is received.
- UND Telecommunications reserves the right to refuse service to any individual considered to be a credit risk.
- It is considered theft of university services to:
- Dial a number to which charges apply without an authorization code (this includes calls to "toll free" numbers which charge for their services, i.e. psychic hotline).
- Dial a number to which charges apply with an authorization code other than one's own code.
- Subscribers will be charged for misdialed numbers unless Telecommunications is notified as soon as possible after the call was placed. Calls answered by an answering machine or voicemail system are considered completed calls.
- Each person is responsible for his/her own authorization code and all calls placed with it.
- Telecommunications strongly recommends that subscribers do not share their authorization code. If sharing a code results in abuse, the owner of the code may be fined $50.00* and the person placing the calls will be assessed the cost of the calls plus a $50.00* fine.
- If an authorization code is lost or stolen, the subscriber must notify UND Telecommunications. The subscriber will be responsible for all charges incurred until UND Telecommunications is notified of the loss. The code will be deactivated and a new code issued.
- Students who are found to be dialing in an unauthorized manner will be charged a $50.00* fine. The case may be referred to the University Police.
- Calling cards from other vendors may be used; however, UND Telecommunications requests the subscriber use a non-subscriber calling card to ensure proper billing from the vendor. Calling cards may not be issued with a UND telephone number as the card number. All calling cards assigned to UND telephone numbers will be deactivated without notice to the subscriber.
- Subscriber of UND Telecommunications Student Service may not subscribe to services provided by other vendors, such as voicemail. Any additional telephone services subscribed through other vendors will be deactivated without notice to the subscriber.
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
UND Telecommunications policies are subject to change at any time.