The Equal Opportunity & Title IX Office, through the University's ADA Coordinator, helps to resolve disability-related issues, conducts disability-related training, and serves as UND's primary resource for questions and concerns about services and accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
UND is committed to ensuring equal access to educational and employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), along with other state and federal laws. Qualified individuals with disabilities are protected from discrimination, including harassment, and are entitled to reasonable accommodations in employment and academic settings.
- Discrimination and Harassment Policy
- Employees may request workplace accommodations through Human Resources.
- Applicants for employment may request an accommodation for the application or interview process by contacting Human Resources by email at UND.humanresources@UND.edu or by phone at 701.777.4226.
- Students should contact Disability Services for Students for academic accommodations and Housing for housing accommodations.
- Visitors should contact the Equal Opportunity & Title IX Office for accessibility requests.
- If snow removal or urgent maintenance issues arise which create a barrier to accessing UND buildings or grounds, please contact the 24/7 UND Operations Center at 701.777.2591, for the most immediate attention.
- For other physical access barriers, contact the ADA Coordinator at 701.777.4171 or by email at UND.EO.TitleIX@UND.edu.
- If you believe you have been discriminated against because of a disability, or are unable to access a UND services or activity, you may make a report to the ADA Coordinator.
Shuttle Services to Your Workplace
Shuttle services are available to employees who, because of a disability, are unable to walk or otherwise travel from the closest available parking lot to their workplace. Employees requesting this service must complete an Accommodation Request form. The determination whether to grant the accommodation request will be made in accordance with the University's Workplace Accommodation Policy.
Disability Access on Campus
Review the Campus Map for accessible main door entrances and powered doors. This map is supplemented by a list of accessible restrooms. (Please note that buildings under construction or closed for future work are not included in this list.)
If you are hosting a public event on campus and have accommodation requests, please contact the Equal Opportunity & Title IX Office.