The Equal Opportunity & Title IX Office, through the University's ADA Coordinator, helps to resolve disability-related issues, conducts disability-related training, and serves as UND's primary resource for questions and concerns about services and accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
UND is committed to ensuring equal access to educational and employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), along with other state and federal laws. Qualified individuals with disabilities are protected from discrimination, including harassment, and are entitled to reasonable accommodations in employment and academic settings. If you believe you have been discriminated against because of a disability, or are unable to access a UND services or activity, you may make a report to the ADA Coordinator.
Employees and Applicants
Workplace Disability Accommodations Policy
- Employees may request workplace accommodations by submitting a request form.
- Applicants for employment may request an accommodation for the application or interview process by contacting Human Resources by email at UND.humanresources@UND.edu or by phone at 701.777.4226.
- Shuttle services are available to employees who, because of a disability, are unable to walk or otherwise travel from the closest available parking lot to their workplace or to travel intra-campus for work-related activities. Employees requesting this service must complete an Accommodation Request form. The determination whether to grant the accommodation request will be made in accordance with the University's Workplace Accommodation Policy.
Students should contact Disability Services for Students for academic accommodations and submit an accommodation request form through Housing Self Service for housing accommodations.
Campus Visitors and Public Events
Visitors should contact the Equal Opportunity & Title IX Office for accessibility requests.
If you are hosting a public event on campus and have accommodation requests, please contact the Equal Opportunity & Title IX Office.
If you have not received an accommodation request but, in accordance with best practices, wish to provide captioning or an ASL translator, please see our list of captioning/ASL vendors.
Access on Campus
- If snow removal or urgent maintenance issues arise which create a barrier to accessing UND buildings or grounds, please contact the 24/7 UND Operations Center at 701.777.2591, for the most immediate attention.
- For other physical access barriers, contact the ADA Coordinator at 701.777.4171 or by email at UND.EO.TitleIX@UND.edu.
- Review the Campus Map for accessible main door entrances and powered doors. This map is supplemented by a list of accessible restrooms and by a parking map which indicidates accessible parking spots for UND permit holders. (Please note that buildings under construction or closed for future work are not included in this accessible restroom list.)
- If you have suggestions or general concerns regarding accessibility at UND, you can share them with the ADA Coordinator at 701.777.4171. You can also reach out to the Campus Accessibility Working Group.
- Information about service animals and emotional assistance animals
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Job Accommodation Network provides information about workplace accommodations and the Rehabilitation Act
- Disability resources at the U.S. Department of Labor