The following is a list of events the University of North Dakota Staff Senate hosts.
Held in April, UND Staff Senate hosts an appreciation BBQ for day staff and an appreciation breakfast for night staff.
Seeds for Staff Success
Successful fundraising has enabled UND Staff Senate to provide benefited staff members with grants for educational or professional development. The program provides staff members with a source of funding that allows them to continue their education; attend conferences and workshops; or participate in other educational opportunities.
- August 15 (for development between August 15 and December 31 - fall)
- October 15 (for development between October 15 and December 31)
- December 15 (for development between January 1 and May 15 - spring)
- March 15 (for development between March 15 and May 15)
- May 15 (for development between May 15 and August 15 - summer)
Eligibility Requirements for Seeds for Staff Success Grant
- You must be a UND benefited staff member.
- You may apply for a maximum of up to $500 in one calendar year.
- Grant allocations must be used for workshops, training and/or classes that enhance your education or career at the University of North Dakota.
- If you receive a grant, funds must be spent during the application period for which you apply (see deadlines and development periods above).
State Employee Recognition Week
State Employee Recognition Week is typically held in September, where we work with providing a Night Staff Breakfast, Pie Social, and Luncheon event.
SERW events have been sponsored by Dining Services, The President’s Office, University Federal Credit Union, UND Bookstore, UND Facilities, University Senate, VPAA Office, UND Work Well, and UND Staff Senate.
Staff Senator of the Year Award
The Staff Senator of the Year Award was developed by the Staff Recognition Committee to recognize a Staff Senator who promotes a spirit of unity and pride and represents Staff Senate in an exemplary manner through their vision, enthusiasm, dedication and willingness to volunteer.
State Employee Recognition Month
State Employee Recognition Month is held in September. UND Staff Senate hosts an appreciation luncheon for day staff and an appreciation breakfast for night staff. UND Staff Senate also hosts a pie social during the same week.
State Employee Recognition events are sponsored by The President's Office, Division of Marketing & Communications, University Federal Credit Union, UND Staff Senate, University Senate, UND Facilities, Dining Services, Work Well, UND Bookstore, VPAA, and River Cinema!
Homecoming / Potato Bowl Parades
Join the Staff Senate float during the Potato Bowl USA and UND Homecoming parades!
31 Days of Glory
During October and November, Staff Senators sell 600 raffle tickets at $20 each. A winner is drawn for each day of December. Monday through Friday winners receive $100 cash, new this year, Saturday winners will receive $250 cash and Sunday winners receive $500 cash. All proceeds go to provide professional development opportunities for UND benefited staff members.
Tubs of Love
Each year, the University of North Dakota's Staff Senate hosts the annual Tubs of Love donation drive. Senators receive donations by disbursing and monitoring tubs throughout the UND Campus community for a two-week period annually.