What is STAFFCHAT?
The STAFFCHAT Listserv is designed to provide a forum for UND staff to post information relevant to members of the staff University community. Only UND Benefited Staff employees are eligible to be members of this listserv.
The listserv is monitored, which means that emails to the listserv will be verified to ensure that they comply with the following guidelines before distribution. If the email does not conform to the guidelines, the sender will be notified that the email will not be distributed.
If you are unsure whether a post you wish to make falls within the STAFFCHAT guidelines, please contact UND Human Resources at email@example.com.
All content submitted to this UND email list must conform to NDUS Procedure 1901.2, Computer and Network Usage. (See NDUS computer use policies)
A MESSAGE submitted to STAFFCHAT@LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU can be posted if:
- It is directly related to University concerns.
- It is information that will be of general interest to the target group (UND Staff).
- The sender has an affiliation with UND.
- Products or activities advertised in the email are sponsored by UND or by officially recognized UND affiliates/organizations.
- It is an announcement of UND events and UND job openings (allowed and encouraged).
- Please include the following paragraph at the end of your email when submitting surplus items to STAFFCHAT for giveaway: "The items in this listing are no longer needed by the department, but are still UND owned property and should only be transferred if you have a need in your department for the item(s). They should not be obtained for personal use. If you have questions concerning the Surplus Process, please feel free to contact the Central Receiving/Surplus Clerk at 777.3125 or Logistics Manager at 777.3033. Human Resources and Facilities Management thank you for your assistance in this matter."
Content That Cannot be Posted on STAFFCHAT
- Shared leave requests (donated leave). These requests are managed directly through HR.
- Business advertising (Alternative venue UNDerground).
- Real estate for rent or sale is not allowed (Alternative venue UNDerground).
- Items for sale or inquires about items to buy, including ticket sales (Alternate venue UNDerground and Ralph Engelstad Ticket Exchange). EXCEPTIONS are made for sales of goods or services by the University of North Dakota.
The STAFFCHAT Listserv will be updated quarterly to automatically add new staff employees and remove those individuals that are no longer employed at UND. If a new employee would like to be added immediately, they can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the email, type: SUBSCRIBE STAFFCHAT YourFirstName YourLastName.
To unsubscribe, just click the link at the bottom of any email from the listserv.
Contact the UND Human Resources Office at email@example.com or call 701.777.4361.