Planning, Design & Construction
PDC is responsible to UND for managing the design and construction activities for all capital projects, regardless of the source of funding. The primary responsibilities of PDC include the following:
- Selection of design consultants as per NDCC 54-44.7 and SBHE Policy
- Oversight of design efforts, including the integration of campus stake-holders with the design team.
- Coordination of construction activities with UND college/department/units.
- Oversight and management of the project budgets.
A Project Manager will be designated by PDC for each project. All communications from the Consultant to UND shall be directed to the Project Manager. The Project Manager will provide guidance to the Consultant and responsibility for the project to ensure it meets the established budget, schedule, quality, and users' requirements.
The following organizational units will provide input in completing the requirements of the projects, and will be involved in the review of the schematic, design, and construction documents:
- Operations will review building operational systems quality, performance, and cost-effective maintenance issues.
- Safety and Risk Management provides advice and consultation in matters relating to the health and safety of faculty, staff, and students.
- Telecommunications departments and/or Information Technology departments review all data cabling, data infrastructure, and information technology equipment.