Construction Design Guidelines
Facilities has specific Design Guidelines for all remodels and new construction.
Every effort has been made to insure that these Design Guidelines reflect sound design and engineering principals, however if any A/E finds that the application of any of these Design Guidelines would result in a inappropriate or compromising situation, the A/E should notify the UND Project Manager in writing. The existence of these Design Guidelines does not relieve design A/E’s from any contractually obligated professional responsibilities.
General Design Requirements
Specific Design Requirements
- Existing Conditions
- Wood, Plastics, and Composites
- Thermal and Moisture Protection
- Special Construction
- Conveying Equipment
- Fire Suppression
- Electronic Safety and Security
- Exterior Improvements
Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning
- 0913 BSD-Instrumentation and Control Devices for HVAC
- 0923 BSD-Direct Digital Control Systems for HVAC
- 0993 BSD-Sequence of Operations for HVAC
- 2213 Steam and Condensate Piping and Pumps within Buildings
- HVAC Standards
UND has building decor guidelines that includes colors, use of logos and signage.