In Case of an Accident
All accidents involving a State Fleet vehicle must have a police report done at the time of the incident.
In the event of serious property damage, personal injury, or if a death occurs, notify State Fleet Services immediately at 701.328.1472 or 1.800.472.2121 after hours. Also notify UND Transportation at 701.777.4123 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Vehicle accidents should always be investigated by the proper authorities. In most cases, the Highway Patrol should be the primary investigating authority. However, local sheriff's or police departments may be notified depending on the location of the accident.
All motor vehicle accidents, regardless of damage amount, must be reported to State Fleet Services.
- The driver of the State Fleet vehicle must complete the UND Motor Vehicle Accident Report, SFN 51301.
- UND departments must deliver a copy of the Motor Vehicle Accident Report to UND Transportation within 24 hours of the incident.
- The UND Incident Form Instructions must be submitted online directly to the UND Office of Safety.
- After submitting the forms, please forward a copy of the completed forms to your supervisor for signature. The supervisor is required to complete and submit to the Office of Safety:
- The Incident Investigation Form – Part 1 within 24 hours of the incident
- The Incident Investigation Form – Part 2 within 1 week of the Incident.