Using & Reporting Leave
Proper Procedures for Using and Reporting Leave
Supervisors and eligible staff employees are expected to abide by the leave policies outlined in the NDUS Human Resource Policy Manual:
- Annual Leave Policy NDUS HR Policy 6
- Sick Leave Policy NDUS HR Policy 7
- Other Paid Leave Policy NDUS HR Policy 20
In addition, staff employees and supervisors are responsible for:
- Submitting and approving all leave in a timely basis - no later than two business days following the end of the pay period, in which the leave was taken,
- Ensuring that requested and approved leave does not exceed available balances - unless approved in advance by the supervisor up to a maximum of 40 hours, and
- All required work hours in each seven-day workweek are accounted for by paid hours worked, unpaid time or paid leave.
How to Report and Approve Leave
All requested leave must be approved by the supervisor prior to taking the leave.
Report Absence in HRMS
To report an absence login to HRMS and navigate to:
Self-Service > Time Reporting > Report Time > Absence Request.
- Enter date of leave
- Select leave type (annual, sick, jury, comptime, dependent, funeral, military)
- Enter end date of leave
- If any time in the leave is a partial day select the correct time of what was a partial day (ex. start day only, end day only)
- If partial day enter number of hours taken on that partial day(s)
- Calculate duration
- Submit or save for later
For any additional questions, please contact the Payroll Office at 701.777.4226.