Life & Disability Insurance
UND provides $12,000 in term insurance. You may purchase additional term life insurance for yourself, spouse and dependents.
- Employees may increase their life insurance within the first 31 days of employment without medical approval. After 31 days of employment you must have a qualifying event to increase your life insurance or wait until the annual open enrollment in October.
- Qualifying events are birth, marriage, divorce or death. Please contact the Payroll Office for specific details since each qualifying event has different implications. Increases in the life insurance during the annual open enrollment will require medical approval.
Upon employment, UND provides income to employees who are unable to perform job duties because of long term illness or accident. Coverage is dependent on if you are enrolled in the TIAA retirement or NDPERS retirement plan.
Disability Standard Plan
- Standard Disability Insurance Certificate (For benefited employees in regular TIAA retirement)
- Stadard Disability Insurance Brochure
NDPERS Disability Plan
- NDPERS Group Retirement Plan (Disability Plan Information) (For employees in the NDPERS retirement)
- NDPERS Contact or call 1.800.803.7377
Contact a local Aflac Insurance agent for information and sign up 701.772.4921.