Form Quick Guides and HRMS/Manager Self Service User Manuals
Manager Self Service Categories
The following are brief "How To" instructions for completing Human Resource/Payroll paperwork for departmental personnel. Each set of directions will include links to the appropriate forms needed to the transaction.
Information for the top section on the Additional/Reduce Pay Request form can be found in the HRMS Job Data screen.
Complete form instructions can be found in the Human Resources Forms Manual. Click on Additional/Reduce Pay Request in the Table of Contents.
Additional Pay Q & A:
- When are Additional/Reduce Pay Requests needed?
- There are several reasons to use an Additional/Reduced Pay Request:
- Employees hire paperwork was entered late and back pay is owed (Rare now due to TLAB)
- Employee is doing work over and above their regular duties they need to be compensated for
- Employee was over paid for some reason (Reduce Pay)
- How many pay periods can be paid on the Additional Pay?
- Additional Pays can be used to pay one time or over multiple pay periods.
- Can the funding be out of multiple accounts?
- The payment amount can only be paid out of multiple accounts if the funding defaults to the the Department Budget Table. Otherwise multiple Additional Pay must be sent for each funding source to be paid from.
- Can the Additional Pay be cancelled or the funding changed after being entered?
- Yes, complete an identical Additional Pay of the original and mark the correct box in the "Changes To Additional Pay" box. Indicate the date you want the payments to stop or the funding change to take effect.
How to complete the Additional/Reduce Pay Request:
- Indicate if is One Pay Period or Multiple Pay Periods.
- If it is a Cancel or Funding Change select correct box and enter the effective date.
- Enter the actual earning dates; when employee starts working for that add pay and the date the work will be completed.
- Indicate the number of hours per week the employee will be working on this add pay; if not for additional hours then enter NONE.
- Enter dates that the payments should start and the end date.
- Indicate what the amount of pay is for each pay period.
- Goal amount is how much the whole add pay should pay out.
- Choose the correct earnings code. If not listed use the "H" in the last row and enter the correct code after the "H".
- Enter pertinent information related to the add pay in the additional information box.
- Choose the correct funding choice.
- Enter the information in the correct boxes and the Account Code will populate automatically as you enter.
- Enter contact information and get the needed signatures.
Address Change Q & A:
- What address(es) will this form update?
- It updates Home and Permanent addresses.
- Is a different form needed to change address(es) for benefits?
- No, this will form will be used to update address(es) for benefit providers.
Form to use:Address Change Form
How to complete the Address Change From:
- Complete all personal information.
- Enter new Local (Home) address.
- Enter new Permanent address.
- Enter Mailing address if different from Home or Permanent.
- Sign and date.
- Indicate if a benefited or non-benefited employee.
- Circle the benefits enrolled in.
- Indicate termination date if leaving the University.
Affiliates@UND Q & A:
- What is this form used for?
- This form gives an affiliate access to office space, to the Children's Center, keys, or some other type of access on campus.
- Are affiliates paid from UND?
- No, they are not employed by UND so they are not paid by the University.
- Who fills out this form?
- The sponsoring department.
Form to use: Affiliate@UND Form
How to complete the Affiliate@UND Form:
- This form is to be filled out online and printed for signatures.
- Sponsoring department is to complete the entire form.
- Enter all personal information requested and answer the 3 questions.
- List the Home address and cell phone.
- Enter the department address the affiliate will be sponsored by.
- Indicate what the affiliation with UND is and what the beginning and end dates will be.
- Check all the items that the affiliate will need access to.
- Print the form and obtain the appropriate signatures.
- Send form to Human Resources.
Background Check Q & A:
- Who completes this form?
- Any employee that is under 18 and needs a Criminal History Background check, the employees parent/guardian and the employing department.
- Why does the employees parent have to fill out the consent page?
- Anyone under 18 needs to have parent/guardian permission to allow a background check.
- When is this form required?
- When the employee is going to be working with students, money, grades, confidential information.
Form to use: Criminal History Background Check for Minors
How to complete the Criminal History Background Check for Minors Form:
- First page is to be completed and signed by parent/guardian.
- The top section of the form should be completed by the employing department.
- The remaining sections of the form is to be completed by the minor.
- In the section for any offenses, use the dropdown to choose the type of offense, if applicable. Complete the rest of the information.
- Sign and date and return to Human Resources for processing.
Medical Provider Q & A:
- When should this form be filled out?
- Use this form to add or change the medical provider(s) you listed when hired.
- Who completes the form?
- The employee should complete the form.
Form to use: Designated Medical Provider Form
How to complete the Designated Medical Provider Form:
- Enter the Physician/Clinic and the situation of when you would want to be seen by that provider.
- Enter name, emplid, department name, department number and date.
- Print and sign the form.
- Return completed form to Payroll.
Job Data Change
Information for the "Current Employee Information" section on the Job Data Change form can be found in the HRMS Job Data screen.
Complete form instructions can be found in the Human Resources Forms Manual. Click on Job Data Change in the Table of Contents.
Pay Rate Q & A:
- Is it a benefited employee with a permanent or temporary change to salary?
A: If a permanent change to base salary, use the Job Data Change and give an explanation in the additional information box for the salary change. You may also need to submit a Position Description. *See Position Description
If a temporary increase to base salary, then the increase needs to be on an additional pay form. Additional/Reduce Pay Form (10/21) / PDF Version (10/21) / Instructions form
**If a temporary change is due to Developmental Leave (Faculty) or Family Medical Leave (all benefitted employees) see instructions under Leave of Absence.
- Is the change for a student or temp staff position?
A: Use the Job Data Change form if permanent or a temporary change.
- Where do I find the position information, current pay rate, record #, etc?
A: You can find all this information in Job Data in HRMS.
How to complete a pay rate change:
- Check the pay rate change box
- Enter "From" amount (what they are currently making) Indicate frequency (monthly, hourly, annually)
- Enter "To" amount (what they will be making) Indicate frequency (monthly, hourly, annually)
- Use the dropdown to indicate reason for the increase or decrease. (Ex. Promotion, Responsibility increase)
- Check funding sources on the Department Budget Table to verify they are accurate. If accurate check the box. *If a funding source(s) change is needed, submit a Position Funding Form to the Budget Office
**If a hourly position, time can be entered in the employee's online Timesheet for the correct pay period.
Leave of Absence Q & A:
- Who is the leave of absence for?
- Employee will submit a request to Supervisor – use Voluntary “Leave Without Pay/Workload Reduction Request” form if applicable. If for FMLA, make sure HR has the required FMLA documents for approval.
- When will the Leave begin?
- Indicate begin date in Effective Date box and check Begin Leave of Absence box. If the Anticipated Return Date is known you can put a date in this box. A separate JDC will be completed for the actual Return from Leave of Absence.
- What is the reason for Leave of Absence?
- Provide brief reason such as FMLA, Developmental, No Vacation or Sick Leave available, etc. (More comments can be provided in the Additional Information box).
- Will Salary and/or Benefits continue while on Leave?
- If not being paid while on leave, check the Pay Rate Change box and enter the current salary in the “From” box and $0 in the “To” box. If the salary is being reduced for Faculty Developmental Leave enter the reduced salary in the “To” box. Check Temporary (Not used in next FY Budget).
Return from Leave of Absence Q & A:
- What is the date the employee returned to work?
- Enter the date in the Effective Date box and check Return from Leave of Absence box.
- Was the salary adjusted to zero while on leave?
- If yes, check the Pay Rate Change box and put $0 in “From” box and the salary employee is returning to in the “To” box. Check Temporary (Not used in next FY Budget). If salary was adjusted for Faculty Developmental Leave enter the salary employee is returning to in the “To” box. Check Temporary (Not used in next FY Budget).
Hours Change Q & A:
- What are the current hours and what are they changing to?
- You can find the current hours in Job Data in HRMS and the supervisor can provide what the new hours should be.
- What if it is a benefited employee with a temporary change to hours?
- If it is a temporary change you can use the Job Data Change form to adjust the monthly or annual salary to match the change in hours (FTE).
- What if it is a benefited employee with a permanent change to hours?
- If it is a permanent change a Position Request/Change Form (2/21) form will need to be completed to make these changes.
How to complete a standard hours change:
- Standard Hours Worked/Week- Indicate number of hours currently working in From box and number going to in the To box.
- Reason-example: Decreased hours due to school work load, went from ¼ time to ½ time position.
How to complete the additional information box:
Additional Information- State any information that would be helpful or pertinent to the change being made on this form. If there is something that you want documented in the employees files relating to the change enter here.
Enter contact person’s name and number. This is the person who filled out the form or can answer questions about the change.
Recommending Department Official (usually person completing form), Approving Department Official (Dean, Chair, VP, AVP). Additional signature is for another department signature, Career Services if work study or institutional student, or Graduate School for grad students.
Time and Labor
Human Resources/Payroll Forms Manual
- Payroll Forms
- Time and Labor and Absence Management
- Payroll Intermediate
- HRMS Department Payroll Queries
- New Hire Approve/Review
- Family Tuition Waiver with DocuSign
Information Forms for Employees and Employers
- Social Security Office Employer Letter
- MSS Everify Checklist
- I-9 Acceptable Documents
- Workflow/Approver Change Form
- Temporary/Part Time or Student Packet
- NDPERS Packet (Job Codes 4000-7999)
- TIAA Packet (Job Codes below 4000)