About the University Children's Learning Center
The Learning Center is dual licensed by the North Dakota Department of Human Services as a Child Care Center and a Preschool, which indicates compliance with:
- Center-Based Child Care Regulations.
- Preschool Care Regulations.
- State Health, Safety, and Fire Codes.
The Learning Center is approved by the North Dakota Department of Public Instruction as a Pre-Kindergarten Site, which indicates compliance with:
- Employing teachers with a current ND Teaching Certification
- Utilizing an approved curriculum
- Ensuring opportunities for Parent Involvement
The Learning Center welcomes families from a variety of ethnic, cultural, social-economic, family makeups and educational backgrounds.
The Learning center provides quality care and early education for children of UND students, faculty and staff and families of the Greater Grand Forks Community.
A very important element of the Learning Center's work is the attention and time given to provide quality care and early education to the children enrolled. UCLC strives to maintain high standards such as those put forth by:
University Children's Learning Center Mission
The Learning Center's mission works on multiple, intersecting levels:
- To provide quality, educational child care in keeping with best practices in the field of Early Childhood Development.
- To provide interactive, experiential learning opportunities for UND students from a variety of departments.
- To provide a research site that will increase national knowledge about families and young children.
- To contribute to a vibrant campus climate by supporting cultural diversity, by offering a summer program that brings school-age children to the UND campus and by supporting the recruitment and retention of faculty, students and international scholars.
University Children's Leaning Center Vision
The University Children's Learning Center (UCLC), on the campus of the University of North Dakota (UND), is a child care leader in the Grand Forks community, the state of North Dakota, and the Midwest, by providing quality child care for children ages 18 months - 12 years of age. The Learning Center is recognized as a regional child care training facility for conducting studies related to early care and education of young children in addition to providing practicum for student teachers.