Open Enrollment Forms
Open enrollment is the opportunity for employees to make changes to their insurance coverage.
The NDPERS annual open enrollment is October 19 through November 6.
If you’re not making any changes to your insurance benefits, you don’t have to do anything.
A Perspectives Newsletter with enrollment information will be emailed to all eligible employees. Annual enrollment gives employees the opportunity to enroll in the health, life, dental or vision insurance plans for which they are not currently participating, add/remove dependents and increase or decrease coverage levels.
- Information regarding open enrollment will be available on the NDPERS website at (click on the red annual enrollment box) on October 19. NDPERS enrollment is now paperless (except for the evidence of insurability form for specific life insurance increases). If you have problems enrolling online you should contact NDPERS at 1-800-803-7377.
- Information on the Total Dental insurance & Mutual of Omaha Life insurance will be available on October 19.
Coverage is effective on January 1, 2021 (except pending insurability approvals).
About NDPERS Insurance
- Enrollment and Information for Health, State Life, Delta Dental, Vision
- State Life Insurability Packet (also available on the NDPERS website)
Total Dental Insurance
Open enrollment for FlexComp will be October 18, 2021 through November 5, 2021. Enrollment will be online again this year.
- During this time, all benefitted employees will have the opportunity to enroll or re-enroll in this fringe benefit opportunity. This program lets employees use pre-tax money to pay for eligible healthcare expenses not covered by insurance and eligible dependent care expenses.
- If you are not currently utilizing the FlexComp benefit, you may enroll during this period. If you are currently participating in either the medical expenses or dependent care portions, YOU NEED TO RE-ENROLL DURING THE OPEN ENROLLMENT since your expenses can vary greatly from year to year.
The 2021 maximum elections are as follows:
- Healthcare Benefits: $2,750.00 per employee per year
- Dependent Care Benefits: $5,000.00 per household per year
For those employees currently participating in the employer-sponsored premiums portion of the program, the RE-ENROLLMENT FOR “PREMIUMS ONLY” IS AUTOMATIC AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS REQUIRED. If you no longer want to pre-tax premiums, contact The Payroll Office to complete a form requesting your intent to stop pre-taxing. Action is required ONLY if you are making a change. Please remember by enrolling in Pre-taxing Premiums, employees must maintain current coverage for the entire plan year
Online elections MUST be entered by 11:59 PM CST on Nov. 5, 2021. The option to enroll will no longer be available after this time. NO exceptions will be made for not meeting the deadline. If you have questions or need additional information regarding the online enrollment, please call Cheryl Arntz at 777.4423.