All vehicles and motorcycles that park on campus must have a permit and be registered with UND Parking Services.
Parking Permits at UND
- Vehicles without a UND parking permit are able to park for a limited time in Passport Parking© located in metered spaces, the parking ramp and the visitor pay lot.
- Permits are valid yearly from August 1 to July 31 of the following year.
- A valid temporary pass must be displayed or a UND virtual permit associated to plate to avoid citations.
- Permits are virtual and are associated to a license plate.
- If no plate is present, the last 8 digits of the vehicle identification number (VIN) should be temporarily used and for the state select "Missing Plate". Once plate is known, add vehicle with new plate information. Email Parking Services to remove old vehicles.
The use of UND's Parking Ramp requires pre-payment. Further details can be found on the Parking Ramp page.
Permit Required Zones
“A” Administrative Faculty/Staff zones (red) are designated for faculty and staff with an “A” permit.
“A/S” Common zones (red) and (blue) are designated for students who have a “S” permit and for faculty and staff with an “A” permit.
On-campus housing zones (green) are designated for on-campus living. Every residence hall complex has its own designated zone. (EX. HJFS zone is reserved for Johnstone, Fulton, Smith residents) This includes all apartments and residence halls.
“A/S/H” zones (brown) are designated for those with "A", "S", or "H" permits. These zones are clearly marked with signage. Zones are only available at Housing Office and UND airport terminal Locations.
"Accessible (Handicap)" Zones
Accessible (Handicap) UND honors state-issued accessible permits for visitors, however, you must also have a UND permit to park in designated handicap spots on campus.
Reserved zones (grey) are appropriately marked by signs and enforced 24/7. You must have a special permit to park in these zones.
Maintenance Vehicle zones (black) are restricted 24/7 to use by University maintenance vehicles.
"Service Vehicle" Zones
Service Vehicle zones (black) are designated for departmental service vehicles and require a current UND DSV permit or reserved permit. After 4:30 p.m. these zones convert to 30-minute parking zones for anyone with a UND permit.
- Parking enforcement is conducted year-round.
- Open parking hours are Monday through Friday 4 p.m. to 7 a.m., and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
Engelstad Arena events will be enforced are an exception to the open parking hours.