Request Special Event Parking Privileges
Events on campus are subject to parking arrangements.
Departments and guests can arrange the use of a lot for their special event. Please follow these steps when planning an on-campus event:
- If parking is needed for the event, the host department must complete the Event Parking Request Form 2 weeks prior to the start of the event.
- The Event Parking Request Forms should not be completed if any of the following are
- No vehicles will need parking.
- The department has already directed their patrons to pay-as-you-go parking options located on campus.
- Patrons will be driving government vehicles.
- The Field Parking Coordinator will review both the Activity/Event Approval Form and the Event Parking Request Form
and make contact with the contact person listed on the forms to review the documents,
as well as discuss any associated fees and signage.
- The Events Supervisor will determine the rate per parking space and the total amount due by using the event rate structure.
- There is a $25.00 minimum charge for all events.
- Event parking charges will not be reduced should a department have less participants show up than what was expected.
- Larger vehicles will be charged by number of spaces required for parking.
- Buses are encouraged to drop patrons off close to the event and park buses in one of the larger lots on campus. A $25.00 bus charge we be added for coach bus parking.
- Alumni funds are not able to be charged via journal imports – please issue a check from Alumni.
- The Parking Field Coordinator will contact sponsoring department via email in regards to arrangements, sinage, and accounting details.
- The Journal Import will be initiated by the Parking Services Operations Specialist at the end of each month.