Assets are reusable content that takes a single source of content and places it on as many pages as you want.
Instead of updating the same piece of information on five different places, an asset allows that single source of content to be saved and published, and those five subscribing pages will be updated automatically.
Types of Assets
There are five types of assets you can use.
- Web Content: Web content assets are used for entering HTML-formatted text or media items such as images and videos.
- Plain Text: Plain text assets are used for entering text without any formatting, though they are still affected by page styling.
- Source Code: Source code assets are used for entering source code or scripts. Only developers should use source code.
- Image Gallery: Image gallery assets are used for entering multi-image slideshows.
- Form: Form assets are used for entering basic forms for feedback, RSVPs, etc.
UND.edu has one style of image gallery. The gallery will display thumbnails on the page. Users can click or touch the photo for a full size, then swipe or click between images.
- Captions do not appear.
- Images must be resized to 1024 px by 576 px (72 dpi) to be used in the image gallery asset.
- Gallery thumbnail size must be set to 200x200 for thumbnail images to appear crisp.
For detailed instructions on how to edit image galleries, please see the Omni (Modern Campus) support website.
General forms are good for eliciting user feedback, RSVPs and other comments and information. Fields include text boxes, dropdowns, checkboxes, radio boxes, etc. Submitted forms can be emailed or stored in a database so submissions can be viewed or exported from within Omni.
Omni support has instructions on how to edit form assets.
Attach Documents in Forms
When creating forms with the Omni CMS form asset, users can add fields to allow document or file uploads. Uploaded files will be included in the email as download links, however, these links expire seven days after the form submission date. Uploaded files and all submitted form data can always be viewed in the form asset under the "Form Submissions" tab. If form submissions are exported by using the "Export CSV" button, a link to the uploaded forms will be generated. Like the links in the email, these links expire seven days after the CSV is generated. For more information, see the Omni CMS Form Asset page.
If you have a previously built SendMail form, you can export form submissions of forms you have access to. Sendmail forms must be converted to Omni CMS form. If you have a Sendmail form or are unsure what type of form you have please submit a ticket to the Web Team.