The UND Directory provides one page for faculty and staff to manage their professional information.
The UND Directory is a university-wide PeopleSoft interface with customizable content options.
Each UND faculty and staff member automatically has their own profile populated with contact information from PeopleSoft.
Optional Profile Content
Profiles can be enhanced by including:
- Office hours
- Professional headshot
- Website/vita links
- Courses taught
- Publications and presentations
- Research/areas of interest
All fields are optional unless directed by the department.
Why can this information only be in the Directory?
Search yourself on Google and you'll likely find your UND Directory page ranked #1. It’s important your Directory page has the most complete professional information you want presented to the world.
There have been issues in the past with duplicate and outdated biography content on multiple web pages. Having a single source that only you control alleviates this issue.
Your single profile is multi-purpose.
- Directory profile pages are linked to from department or college/school employee listing, and research groups web pages.
- Profiles are searched by prospective students looking to learn more about their future faculty.
- Media search the Directory to find subject-matter experts. Media often pull headshots and biographies out of the Directory for use in stories.
- Researchers search the Directory to find collaborators.
Each profile is tied to your IDM. Only you have access to update your profile. There is helper text in your profile page if you need more guidance.
- Click Directory on the top right of any UND.edu page.
- Enter your First and Last Name and click Search.
- Click your name to load your profile page.
- Scroll to the bottom of your profile page and click Edit Profile in the lower right corner.
- Log in using your IDM username and password.
- Complete as much information as you are comfortable sharing online.
- Click Submit Updates and your changes will be live.
You're updates will override PeopleSoft information and will not automatically update if your PeopleSoft data changes (i.e. you get promoted to a different position).
Check out some of these profiles to get ideas on how to update your own profile:
Only professional headshots are allowed in the directory. Free professional headshot services are available to University faculty and staff (students and student employees are not eligible). Visit Marketing & Creative Services for a list of upcoming headshot days. Approved headshots taken by Marketing & Creative Services are uploaded to the Directory.
Recommended dimensions are 344 px wide by 412 px tall. Images will automatically resize if larger than the recommended size. Images over 4 MB will not upload.
Follow UND Writing Guidelines
UND has a standard writing guideline for all web and print materials. However, each unit may have a preferred style manual.
Different steps needs to be taken to update different fields.
- Office phone numbers can be updated directly in PeopleSoft by logging into HRMS Employee Self-Service.
- Office address are updated by contacting UND.humanresources@UND.edu. If entire departments moved, Human Resources will provide you a spreadsheet to update whole department at once.
- Titles need to be changed through your department's HR representative by completing a Position Request/Change Form to update functional titles. Titles are limited to 30 characters in HRMS. If requesting an abbreviated title, you can update your title in the directory profile.
- Department or affiliation name changes need to be made in PeopleSoft. Email Sharon Loiland at sharon.loiland@UND.edu to request a change. Include your department number, old department name, new department name, and reason for the change in the email. Please note that this will change all instances in PeopleSoft where your department or affiliation name is listed. This will change the name in the UND Directory and other areas.
Email is your UND issued email and can not be changed. Faculty and staff may provide an additional email in their personal profile.
Student Directory Information
Student search is limited to members of the UND community. An NDUS account (IDM) login is required. Students can update their information via Campus Connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get help with my NDUS account?
All members of the University community have an NDUS account, though it may not be claimed. Go to UND Tech Support to claim your account.
For all information about your NDUS account, please consult UND Information Technology.
Why can't I find my GTA in the faculty/staff directory?
Check the student directory. If your instructor is also a student, they are likely listed in that directory.
Why is the number of results limited?
This is done to prevent spammers and others from creating mass mailing lists.