The UND Directory provides one central landing page for each faculty and staff member to manage their own professional information.
The UND Directory is a university-wide database driven interface that is embedded on department sites and searched by media to find experts.
Individual Directory Profiles
Each UND faculty and staff member automatically has their own profile populated with contact information from PeopleSoft.
Profiles can be enhanced by including education, office hours, professional headshot, website/vita links, biography, courses taught, publications and presentations, research/areas of interest, experience, and other information. All fields are optional unless directed by the department.
Your single profile is multi-purpose.
- It is linked to from your department or college/school employee listing, and research groups.
- Searched by prospective students looking to learn more about their future faculty.
- Searched by media to find subject-matter experts. Media often pull headshots out of the Directory for use in stories.
Please note the search function in the Directory will only search the actual words you put in your profile. It will not search PDF files.
Instructions to Update Your Profile
Each profile is tied to your IDM. Only you have access to update your profile.
- Click Directory on the top right of any UND.edu page.
- Enter your First and Last Name and click Search.
- Click your name to load your profile page.
- Scroll to the bottom of your profile page and click Edit Profile in the lower right corner.
- Log in using your IDM username and password.
- Complete as much information as you are comfortable sharing online.
- Click Submit Updates and your changes will be live.
Different steps needs to be taken to update different fields:
- Office phone numbers can be updated directly in PeopleSoft by logging into HRMS Self-Service.
- Office address are updated by contacting UND.humanresources@UND.edu. If entire departments moved, Human Resources will provide you a spreadsheet to update whole department at once.
- Titles need to be changed through your department's HR representative by completing a Position Request/Change Form to update functional titles.
- Department or affiliation name changes need to be made in PeopleSoft. Email Sharon Loiland at sharon.loiland@UND.edu to request a change. Include your department number, old department name, new department name, and reason for the change in the email. Please note that this will change all instances in PeopleSoft where your department or affiliation name is listed. This will change the name in the UND Directory and other areas.
- Name changes (i.e. getting married) will result in a change to your IDM; thus two directory profiles will be created for you. Only the active IDM will appear in the directory. Submit a Help Ticket to the Web Team to merge your directory profiles.
Tips for Updating Your Profile
Check out some of these profiles to get ideas on how to update your own profile:
Use a Professional Headshot
Only professional headshots are allowed in the directory. Free professional headshot services are available to University faculty and staff (students and student employees are not eligible). Visit Marketing & Creative Services for a list of upcoming headshot days.
Follow UND Writing Guidelines
UND has a standard writing guideline for all web and print materials. However, each unit may have a preferred style manual.
Student Directory Information
Student search is limited to members of the UND community. An NDUS account (IDM) login is required. Students can update their information via Campus Connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get help with my NDUS account?
All members of the University community have an NDUS account, though it may not be claimed. Go to UND Tech Support to claim your account.
For all information about your NDUS account, please consult UND Information Technology.
Why is the number of results limited?
This is done to prevent spammers and others from creating mass mailing lists.
Why can't I find my instructor, who is a GTA, in the faculty/staff directory?
Check the student directory. If your instructor is also a student, he/she is likely listed in that directory.
Can I make my personal email address shown instead of my UND email?
No. UND issued email is the official email for all staff, faculty and students. Faculty and staff may provide an additional email in their personal directory profile.