Citation Appeal Form
If you are affiliated with UND (Student, Faculty, or Staff) your appeal should be processed through the Parking Portal.
- Log into either Campus Connection or HRMS
- Select parking > Select University of North Dakota > Select "View Your Citations" > Select "Appeal > Follow prompts.
- Appeals submitted through the Parking Portal are available for review within the Parking Portal
- Citation information is also available for review within the Parking Portal.
Visitor or Guest Citation Appeal
Create an account, where you can appeal citations.
There must be substantial and valid evidence that the parking violation was not committed, or that it occurred due to circumstances beyond the customer's control. Valid documentation of the evidence must be provided when the appeal is submitted. Please submit any evidence you would like considered as you complete your appeal online or submit it to Parking Services at parking@UND.edu. When appealing citations issued in the Visitor Pay Lot, please submit your receipt number.
The following reasons are considered as frivolous and not valid as a basis for appeal:
- Lack of knowledge of the regulations, for example, new to campus or have not reviewed regulations.
- Other vehicles were parked improperly.
- Only parked illegally for a short period of time.
- Stated failure of parking officer to ticket previously for similar offenses.
- Late to class or appointment.
- Inability to pay the amount of the fine.
- Incorrect advice from a friend, professor, department, or any other source.
- No other place to park.
After review, appeals submitted electronically will be replied to the email provided. All responses will be sent within four weeks. If after four weeks you have not received notice regarding the status of your appeal, please contact UND Parking Services at parking@UND.edu.
Appeals submitted electronically will receive an auto-response with a copy of the completed form. If you do not receive an auto-response, please resubmit the appeal or contact Parking Services at 701.777.3551.
Parking Services will not consider any appeals that are received more than 14 days after the citation's issuance. It is the appellant's responsibility to ensure that the form is received by Parking Services within the appeal period.