Fines and Violations
The permit holder, registered owner, or driver can be held liable for any parking expenses.
If a citation can be associated to an account, citations will transfer and post to the UND Campus Connection account two to four business days after the citation is issued. All other citations will remain at Parking Services for payment.
|No Permit Linked to Vehicle||$40|
|Occupying Two Spaces||$20|
|No Parking Zone (Blocking Traffic/Sidewalk)||$20|
|Parking on Grass/Lawn/Sidewalk||$20|
|Other Than Assigned||$40|
|Failure to Comply||$30|
*Additional fees may be applicable
Warning notices may be issued to a vehicle as a means of notifying that an infraction has occurred. These warnings are not citations. They do not require payment of a fee or post to an individuals account.
A vehicle may be immobilized (booted) whenever three or more unpaid citations have been issued to any vehicle or posted to the account of any owner/operator. Vehicles will be released after all fines are paid in full (by cash in person or credit card online). Please refer to the Parking Policy.
Suspension of Parking Privileges
- If you receive numerous citations (paid or unpaid) in one academic year, you may lose the right to park on UND property.
- If you are found parking on campus after losing these privileges, you will receive a Suspended Privileges citation, $100 fine, and may be towed.
- Those with revoked parking privileges may NOT park anywhere on UND Campus including meters, timed-zones, short-term visitor spaces (including in housing zones), and pay-as-you-go parking options such as the ramp and visitor paylot.
- Parking privileges will be reinstated at the beginning of the next permit year.
Any student owing $300.00 will receive a hold on his or her Campus Connection account. Any balance prevents the student from obtaining transcripts. Outstanding balances may be referred to a collection agency.
- Citations must be appealed within 14 calendar days of the date of issue.
- All appeals must be submitted electronically to UND Parking Services via the Parking Portal. After review, appeals submitted electronically will be replied to the e-mail provided.
- Handwritten appeal responses will be e-mailed to the address provided. All responses will be sent within four weeks. If after four weeks you have not received notice regarding the status of your appeal, please contact UND Parking Services parking@UND.edu.