The Committee on Sexual Violence Prevention and Response (CSVPR) is a committee of staff, faculty, and students who are responsible for developing and executing the University’s plan for sexual violence prevention and response.
The CSVPR supports UND’s efforts to prevent sex discrimination on our campus through the development and oversight of the University’s plan for sexual violence prevention and response.
- Donna Smith, Director, Equal Opportunity & Title IX (Chair)
- Alex Pokornowski, Assistant Vice President, Student Affairs & Diversity
- Allison, Campus Prevention and Education Specialist, CVIC at UND
- Brittany Love, Director of Prevention and Education, CVIC
- Cassie Gerhardt, Associate Vice President, Student Affairs & Diversity
- Tracy Meidinger, Interim Chief of Police
- Erica, Campus Confidential Advisor, CVIC at UND
- Heather Wages, Academic Affairs Officer, Academic Affairs
- James Porter, Associate Dean, School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Kara Helmig, Associate Athletic Director, Athletics
- Kyle Markwardt, Title IX & Civil Rights Investigator, Equal Opportunity & Title IX
- Liz Legerski, Associate Professor and Chair, University Senate
- Matthew Ternus, President, Student Government
- Melissa Casanova, Financial Aid Advisor and Representative, Staff Senate
- Nancy Yon, Office of General Counsel
- Peggy Varberg, Associate Vice President, Human Resources & Payroll Services
- Stacey Borboa-Peterson, Director, Student Diversity & Inclusion
- Tammy Oltz, Assistant Dean for Law Library and Information Services, School of Law
- Troy Noeldner, Director, Housing
Functions and Responsibilities
CSVPR will be charged with completing the following actions.
- Collaborate with all areas of the campus to eliminate, prevent and address sexual violence on campus.
- Develop an annual and comprehensive plan for sexual violence prevention and response for UND.
- Coordinate membership annually for the four subcommittees.
- Provide an annual summary of the Committee’s progress to the President of UND by July 1 of each year.
- Provide support, guidance, and direction to the four subcommittees of the CSVPR in
completing the goals and objectives as identified in the University’s plan. The four
subcommittees include the following.
- Organization and Management Subcommittee
- Investigation, Discipline and Grievance Procedures Subcommittee
- Victim and Other Impacted Individual Assistance Subcommittee
- Campus Culture and Climate Subcommittee
- The committees will engage the community in conversation regarding actions and outcomes.
Organization and Management Subcommittee
Donna Smith, Director, Equal Opportunity & Title IX
Peggy Varberg, Associate Vice President, Human Resources & Payroll Services
The mission of the Organization and Management Subcommittee is to provide the Title IX team with support and guidance to maintain appropriate organizational structure, information systems, training, assessment, and broad campus involvement to achieve a well-ordered Title IX compliance system.
Investigation, Discipline, and Grievance Procedures Subcommittee
Tracy Meidinger, Interim Chief of Police
Alex Pokornowski, Assistant Vice President, Student Affairs & Diversity
The mission of the Investigation, Discipline, and Grievance Procedures Subcommittee is to review policies and procedures related to sex discrimination investigation, discipline, and grievances at the University of North Dakota and recommend modifications to maintain fair and equitable processes for all.
Victim and Other Impacted Individuals Assistance Subcommittee
Rosy Dub, Director, Student Health Services
Erica, Campus Confidential Advisor, CVIC at UND
The mission of the Victim and Other Impacted Individuals Assistance subcommittee is to support the mission of the CSVPR by providing recommendations for campus and community efforts to protect, support, empower, and inform those impacted by sexual violence.
Campus Culture and Climate Subcommittee
Cassie Gerhardt, Associate Vice President, Student Affairs & Diversity
Sara Kaiser, Director, Student Rights & Responsibilities
The mission of the Campus Culture and Climate subcommittee is to proactively assess and address the campus culture and climate related to sexual and interpersonal violence and sex discrimination through evidence-based prevention and education strategies.