Identity System Guidelines
As stewards of the UND brand, it is our responsibility to uphold the consistent visual representation of the University’s image throughout all communication efforts. Consistent representation stretches across design style, color, typography, photography, video, and graphics.
Our design styles can be classified as clean and modern. Less is often more.
- Reduce the use of overly saturated and busy backgrounds.
- Eliminate the use of special effects (e.g., beveling, drop shadows, etc.) unless they are necessary for readability.
- Use white or solid saturated colors from the UND color palettes.
- Use simple typefaces from one of the recommended UND typefaces.
- Minimize copy and organize it based on your messaging goals.
- Format copy in bullets or use short lines or columns.