UND name badges are available to University faculty and staff. Supervisors may order student employees badges if deemed necessary. Undergraduate and graduate students cannot order name badges.
Your unit will be invoiced for the total cost. There are no discounts for higher quantities.
Badge with Magnet
Badge with magnet attachment - $6.50 (per badge)
Badge with Pin
Badge with pin attachment - $6.50 (per badge)
1501 11th Ave N
Grand Forks, ND 58203
Hours: 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Monday – Friday)
Pick up orders at the store or call to make shipping arrangements (minimum $5 shipping charge).
|Quantity Range||2 to 10||11 to 20||21 to 30|
Name Badge Template
Name badges will include the following information:
- UND Primary Logotype
- First and Last Name
- Individual's Title (Optional)
- Individual's Division, College or Unit (Optional)
- Individual's Pronouns (Optional)
As feasible, it's recommended to develop a "standard template" for how information is listed on name badges for all employees within your unit. This will help ensure consistency across your whole unit.
If you have questions or need advice, please consult with identity@UND.edu prior to placing your order. Keep in mind the following when placing your name badge order.
1. Know the details before placing your order.
You may order up to 25 name badges through one online order form. For billing purposes, it's preferred that a unit submit one order form for multiple people, rather than each individual completing a separate order form.
If you are ordering multiple name badges on behalf of your unit, make sure you know the following for each name badge:
- Correct spellings (Is a nickname preferred?)
- Exact identification information for the title, unit, college and/or division (Does your unit have a standard template for consistency?)
- The preference for magnet or pin backings (If you have multiple badges to order with a mix of magnet and pin backings, you will need to submit two order forms, one for each backing choice.)
You will not receive a proof of your order, so it is extremely important that you provide accurate information.
2. Keep it simple.
Space is limited, so the fewer the words, the better. If the information is longer than 20-25 characters per line, the vendor will need to print the information in a smaller size to fit – making it harder to read.
Please use the ampersand (&) instead of the word "and" for unit names.
Think about how you may be able to say the same thing with the fewest words possible:
- Philosophy & Religion Department
- University & Public Affairs
- History Professor
- Criminal Justice Studies
Instead of This
- Department of Philosophy and Religion
- Division of University and Public Affairs
- Professor of History
- Department of Criminal Justice Studies
3. Use the most important pieces of information.
When determining what information to include for your title and/or division, college or unit, think about what are the most important pieces of information people need to know when looking at your name badge.
Questions to Consider
- Do you frequently wear your name badge at off-campus functions? If so, what are the most important pieces of information people external to UND need to know?
- If you usually wear your name badge just on campus, what are the most important pieces of information people internal to UND need to know?
- Do people need to know just the main unit you are with, or is it important for them to know how that unit fits within the whole organization? Keep in mind, it can be hard to "teach" someone UND's organizational chart from a just nametag, so due to space constraints, it's recommended to not include too many levels of detail.
- If it's important for people to know your title, unit and division/college, think about how you may combine information together to fit on two lines of space. For example, can you combine your title and unit name together on one line?
- Is it important for people to know your title, or do you prefer to have just your division, college and/or unit identified? If you do not want your title printed, you may use that space to have an additional line of information to identify your division, college and/or unit. Information should be listed in order from the smallest unit to largest division.
College of Arts & Sciences
Instead of This
Department of Psychology
College of Arts & Sciences
Three Lines of Information
If you're unable to combine your identifying information into two lines of text, you may request a third line of text to be printed on your name badge. However, the text will be reduced in size, making it harder to read. This option is not recommended.
If you need this third line of text, please indicate that information in the "comments" section on the online ordering form, and the vendor will contact you to determine how to best accommodate your request.