Typography is an important part of UND's visual identity. Use approved fonts on UND designs and communications. Contact identity@UND.edu with any questions or to request font files.
Design professionals employed by UND should use approved licensed typefaces.
- Trade Gothic (headlines)
- Sentinel Medium (subheads)
- Helvetica Neue (body copy)
UND stakeholders can use the following approved license-free fonts, which do not require purchased licenses.
- Oswald Medium (headlines) Available for download
- Trocchi Regular (subheads) Available for download
- Helvetica Neue (on Macs) or Arial (on PCs)
Arial may be used as a replacement for approved fonts in communications such as Word documents and PowerPoints.
Friz Quadrata is only allowed for use in the official UND Logo System.
Typography in Design
UND's design guidelines use a specific headline treatment as part of the visual identity. This typography treatment elevates copy to a consistent visual representation of the bold messages from UND.