Photography is a powerful way to tell the UND story. Images should represent our determined culture and commitment to making a tangible impact. For more information on selecting and editing photos to meet UND Brand Standards, contact identity@UND.edu to request the UND Look Tools Kit.
Accessing UND Photos
Online Photo Library
An assortment of high-resolution professional campus images are available for download in the Online Photo Library. Use the password undphoto to download images. These photos may be used for official University purposes. By using the UND online photo library, you agree to the UND Photo Use Requirements.
Professional headshot services are available to University faculty and staff. For more information on headshot services, visit Marketing & Creative Services.
If you have additional photo needs, submit a request to marketing@UND.edu.
- Images should be people-focused and action-oriented to showcase UND's students, faculty and staff putting their passion into action.
- When featuring landscape photography, use bold and expansive shots to illustrate the breadth and beauty of our campus.
- All photos/images/graphics should be the property of the University or used with appropriate permissions from the owner(s).
- Photos taken by and property of UND should always take preference when possible.
- Avoid stock photos and clip art. If you use stock images, ensure that you have purchased a license or gained legal permission, as many images are copyrighted and may require royalty fees for use.
Pixelization is when small single-colored square display elements are visible in an image. It occurs when an image is sized larger than its original dimensions/resolution. Pixelization can be prevented by using the exact measurements and minimum resolution when sizing an image file:
- 300 ppi for print
- 72 ppi for digital