UND business cards are available to University faculty and staff.
Supervisors may order student employees business cards using departmental funds if the student will be formally representing UND in their position. This can include student ambassadors, resident assistants, students presenting on behalf of UND at conferences, medical residents, graduate teaching assistants, etc.
Undergraduate and graduate students cannot order official UND business cards for personal use.
Information to Provide
- School/Division/College Name
- UND Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- UND Email Address
- Additional UND Titles
- Department/Office/Unit/Program Name
- Additional Phone Numbers
- UND Web Address (Department or Division)
- Fax Number
Business Card Design Specifications
Any deviations from the stationery guidelines must be approved by identity@UND.edu prior to printing.
The primary logotype is used on UND business cards.
Paper and Printing
Business cards are printed using four-color (CMYK) process on smooth white paper. Engraved or embossed business cards are not recommended. Consult identity@UND.edu with any special print requests.
Size and Margins
- Business cards are 3.5" wide x 2" tall.
- Required margin is 0.125" on all sides.
Typeface and Font Size
The typeface used is Helvetica. Font size is as follows:
- UND.edu is 11-point bold.
- The first and last name is 10-point bold with 12-point leading.
- All other contact information is 8-point regular with 9.5-point leading.
Type Placement and Content
- The logotype is placed in the upper left corner and aligns with the top and left margins. It is 2" wide.
- UND.edu aligns with the baseline of the logotype and right margin.
- A 3.25" green horizontal line (0.5 pt stroke) is spaced .3” from the top margin.
- Name, title and unit information is set flush to the left margin and 0.125" below the green line.
- Mailing address information is set flush to the left and bottom margins. The mailing address consists of the building, room number, street address, city, state and zip code.
- Individual content information is set flush to the right and bottom margins.
Web Address (URL)
UND is always capitalized.
Official UND headshots can be added to the back of business cards. Headshots must be taken by UND photographers, unless the card holder works outside of Grand Forks. Professional headshot services are available to University faculty and staff. Upcoming headshot days are listed on the Division of Marketing & Communications website. Double-sided business cards have an additional cost. The back will include the headshot and the name of the individual.